View Full Version : Some changes to the forum index...

Chris Hurd
February 13th, 2014, 12:32 PM
Most of the boards under the "Most Recent Additions" category have been there long enough that they're no longer "recent." So, those are being redistributed to proper homes in other categories, such as the Sony F5 / 55 which is now in the Sony area. Its parent forum has been changed to "Sony XVAC and XDCAM Camera Systems." I think we'll be seeing more XVAC cameras soon.

The board formerly titled "Tapes Video Recording Solutions" is now "External Video Recording Solutions" as I think we're past the stage of calling anything tapeless (because it's all tapeless at this point).

Nothing has gone away; it's just been relocated. More to follow.

Andrew Smith
February 15th, 2014, 07:35 AM
Any chance of a dedicated forum for the Sony PMW200 and/or the PMW300 cameras?

Andrew

Tim Lewis
February 15th, 2014, 09:24 AM
And one for DaVinci Resolve in the cross platform post production section?

Andy Wilkinson
February 17th, 2014, 05:47 PM
Any chance of a dedicated forum for the Sony PMW200 and/or the PMW300 cameras?

Andrew

I agree. I am finding the new sub-sections in the Sony area especially confusing as they now are. Seems threads on these newer half-inch chip PMWs, the successors to the EX1 & EX3, are left in (or new ones popping up in) different areas...

Maybe it us just me...

Chris Hurd
February 26th, 2014, 08:26 PM
Suggestions are much appreciated, thanks a bunch.

Hopefully we have enough Resolve discussions already in progress to dump into a dedicated forum (I don't like to start empty boards).

Regarding the Sony 200 and 300, should these cameras be filed under the existing EX board, and relabel that forum as such? It's hard to keep up with what should go where, so your input is most helpful.

Andrew Smith
February 26th, 2014, 09:59 PM
I'd suggest having a "PMW200 and PMW300" sub-board within the "Sony XAVC and XDCAM Camera Systems" section.

Even if it's a tiny bit quiet in the beginning, it will surely pick up. (I've actually been holding off from posting as I didn't know where the proper place to post was.)

By all accounts the PMW200 cameras are selling like crazy over here in Australia as they are the cheapest way of gaining entry to their 50Mbit mpeg2 quality category. With a camera model this popular, it should be a worthy sub-section in its own right.

Andrew