View Full Version : possible problem, help

Chad Whelan
February 27th, 2014, 10:15 AM
2 weeks ago I got a data file error while recording. It completely locked the camera up and I had to shut it off. When I powered back up I had a message to repair data, which I did and everything was fine that was recorded up until that point.

A couple days ago while not recording, but looking through the view finder the image was split in 2 diagonally across the screen with a jagged edge. I again powered down and up and continued to shoot for another 6 hours with no problems at all.

Anyone ever seen or heard of these issues? It is important to note I was using 2 different cards each time, so should not be directly related to one card. I have heard of data errors, although I never experienced any for the 2 1/2 years I have owned the camera up until now. I kind of blew that one off, but now the split image...

Luc De Wandel
March 1st, 2014, 06:46 AM
The split-image problem indicates that it has nothing to do with the card. Probably a bad contact somewhere… If the warranty is still valid, I'd take it to the dealer's for a check up.

James Manford
March 1st, 2014, 01:22 PM
I shoot with an FS100 but also use a CX760 handy cam. My handy cam did this for the first time yesterday. The split diagonal screen thing ... tbh it looked more like an RGB fuzzy screen.

Reason being, due to a hardware failure. The lens / magic eye got stuck. But a simple power down and power up solved it which then allowed me to continue to filming for 5 hours until the end of the event.

If you have warranty on the FS100 I would get it checked out. I don't have any warranty on my handy cam so have to live with it ! :P