View Full Version : Greeting from the Seattle area, and into to Pixlbrain

Brian McGahuey
February 28th, 2014, 11:57 AM
Hey everyone! First off, I would like to say that I'm extremely glad that I found these boards. There seems to be a vast amount of really useful knowledge here.

Here's a bit about me, and my background, in case anyone's interested.

I started in the post industry about 10 years ago as a 3D artist for a small post house. We mainly worked on graphics for TV shows, and later moved into doing a lot of car commercials for Ford (which will explain all the work on my website). A little over two years ago, I left the company I was working for (for many reasons I won't get into), and decided to try and go out on my own. Since then, I've mostly been doing a mix of motion graphics and 3D. I've wanted to do video for a long time, so last March, I was finally able to pick up a camera and audio recorder. Since then, I've been able to build up my kit, to the point where I actually have everything I **should** need to be able to shoot, edit and deliver videos all on my own.

Currently, I'm a freelance editor/3D/motion graphics artist at Amazon, but I also own my own LLC, Pixlbrain Digital.

Ultimately, my goal is to have Pixlbrain be my primary focus, creating videos and animation for Small to Medium sized businesses, and to have it support my wife and I.

Currently, I'm shooting on a Sony Nex-5n, and have several lenses.

My personal site is GetSetData | The portfolio of Brian McGahuey (http://www.getsetdata.com) and Pixlbrain's website is Pixlbrain Digital Home | Pixlbrain Digital (http://www.pixlbrain.com)

I'd love to perhaps get in contact with anybody in the Seattle area, and hopefully learn all that I can.

Thanks guys and gals!

Brian

John Nantz
February 28th, 2014, 01:09 PM
Hi Brian, Welcome aboard!

Hope you're enjoying that blue stuff today - haven't seen any of it in awhile! Need to get outside and soak up some vitamin D before it goes away again.

Good to see you're beginning to make it out of working for someone else.

If you're into 3D editing there is a whole world of things that can be done with that.

John
(in your neighborhood)

Brian McGahuey
February 28th, 2014, 01:17 PM
Hey John!

Ha! When I mentioned 3D, I meant 3D models, renders, and animations. I'm actually working on a side project right now to pitch to a Paintball company that involves some pretty heavy 3D VFX work, that I'm having a blast building.