View Full Version : NAB2014 Pass Codes and Roll Call

Mark Donnell
March 4th, 2014, 12:59 AM
I was planning to come to the NAB in Las Vegas for two days, primarily to see the exhibits. Is there any word yet as to whether free exhibit passes will be available this year to DVInfo.net members ?

Shaun Roemich
March 4th, 2014, 01:07 AM
Courtesy of Flanders Scientific:

LV2623

Chris Hurd
March 4th, 2014, 08:56 AM
And here are a few more... free registration deadline is Mar. 21st:

LV7865 (TechniTool)
LV5728 (DataVideo)
LV7764 (Edelkrone -- booth #C9939 -- be sure to stop by)

It's not like they're going to run out, so let's use this thread to find out who all is going. Seasoned veterans, first-timers? Speak up, please!

Calvin Bellows
March 4th, 2014, 12:29 PM
I am hoping to make another appearance this year if my work lines up. Mon-Tues possibly. Hope I can see some DVINFOers in my travels.

Shaun Roemich
March 5th, 2014, 09:52 PM
I'll be attending with The Usual Suspect, mister Couper...

Chris Medico
March 6th, 2014, 12:22 AM
I'm going.

Mark Donnell
March 7th, 2014, 12:16 AM
Its been a couple of years since I've been to the NAB. How do we use the LV code to obtain an exhibit pass ?

Alister Chapman
March 7th, 2014, 06:18 AM
I will be there. I'm doing a presentation on the F5/F55 for Sony each day from 11am to 12 noon on the Sony booth.

Mark Donnell
March 10th, 2014, 10:36 PM
I figured out how to use the code to register. Its straight-forward, just go to the NAB registration page, enter the LV code as a discount (I used the Grass Valley code, which was offered to me in an E-mail), and sign up for exhibits only. I know that this is basic to regular attendees, but for those who may be attending for the first time this may be helpful. Hope to see some of you there.

Shaun Roemich
March 11th, 2014, 05:05 PM
I will be there. I'm doing a presentation on the F5/F55 for Sony each day from 11am to 12 noon on the Sony booth.

Monday included, Alister? Don't want to miss that...

Paulo Teixeira
March 23rd, 2014, 04:56 AM
I guess you can include me as going. I've always wanted to go to one but never could give myself a chance. Well, I'm done postponing. I just wish I made my final decision last month but I hard to think really hard about this. Plane ticket would have been cheaper. Ah well.

Jacques Mersereau
March 23rd, 2014, 05:30 PM
Lost Wages, here I come! I hope to meet and see all my DVINFO pals and gals.

Looking at 4K this year - especially panels, projectors and work-flows.

See you in Vegas!

<3

Jacques

Jon Fairhurst
March 24th, 2014, 10:47 AM
I'll be there Monday and Tuesday. Another year, another NAB!

Paul Cronin
March 26th, 2014, 07:18 AM
Little late to the show Chris, but I have made the time and will be going. Just looking at room options now.

Barry Goyette
March 26th, 2014, 11:42 AM
Call me a first timer. I'll be there on monday.

Shaun Roemich
March 26th, 2014, 02:48 PM
Confirmed Sunday afternoon arrival til late evening Wednesday.

Phil Goetz
March 28th, 2014, 10:27 AM
I have not been since 2003 and am looking forward to being there!

Paulo Teixeira
March 29th, 2014, 01:15 AM
Here is a NAB app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.coreapps.android.followme.nab2014

It allows you to find everything quickly by tagging each event you want to visit and gives you a route to the booth of your choosing.
It also gives a list of people attending.
Their are other features as well.

Dave Allen
March 30th, 2014, 11:41 PM
I'll be there on a press pass.

I don't think the new "Worlds Largest Ferris Wheel" will be open in time though, but all of you will see it.

Most important about the show outside of NAB is the Buffet of Buffets Pass which is about $50 to $65 depending on if its during the week or weekend and you get th eTotal Rewards free card. This allows you to eat at:

Planet Hollywood-sliced open opilio crab legs, no need to crack them open, easy to get to.
Paris
Flamingo-can't you serve peeled shrimp so I don't have to die of natural causes nerfore I peel one $%! shrimp?!
The Rio-additional $15 applies
Harrahs
Caesars-upgrade fee applies, such as $35 or dinner, but they have HUGE king crab legs and its easy to eat well over $50 worth of them.

Go to a Total Rewards center, get the gimmicky free card which gets the price down $6, then get a 24 hour pass, and if you eat breakfast lunch and dinner, then do the same thing the next day, with the 2nd dinner being on the 23rd hour, you can gorge, er, I mean eat 6 times for $50 to $65 plus any buffet upgrades at Caesars or the Rio go for.

Bill Bruner
March 31st, 2014, 07:42 AM
Here is a NAB app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.coreapps.android.followme.nab2014

It allows you to find everything quickly by tagging each event you want to visit and gives you a route to the booth of your choosing.
It also gives a list of people attending.
Their are other features as well.

Paulo - now I really owe you lunch - you saved me $150 by telling me about free passes and now you've probably saved me hours of aimless wandering around the exhibit hall!

Thanks and Cheers,

Bill
Hybrid Camera Revolution (http://hybridcamerarevolution.blogspot.com)

Chris Hurd
April 2nd, 2014, 07:49 PM
I just sent an email out to every person who has participated in this thread (hope the address you have on file here is current!) -- it's an invitation to the annual semi-private DVi get-together at NAB on Monday night. If you didn't receive my message, or, if you don't care to post here but you'd still like to join us, just shoot me an email (to chris at dvinfo dot net) and I'll reply with the details.

Dave Luda
April 3rd, 2014, 06:17 AM
I'll be there Sat - Thurs. First timer to the NAB.

Chris Hurd
April 3rd, 2014, 07:26 AM
Dave -- you've got mail (sent to your themediablender address).

Bill Strehl
April 3rd, 2014, 12:27 PM
Paulo - now I really owe you lunch - you saved me $150 by telling me about free passes and now you've probably saved me hours of aimless wandering around the exhibit hall!

Thanks and Cheers,

Bill

Bill,

I feel the same way about your blog! It would be great to meet you if you make it out to the show next week. I can't see any way to PM you at the moment via DVInfo.

Chris Medico
April 3rd, 2014, 01:55 PM
Dave -- you've got mail (sent to your themediablender address).

David was included in my RSVP.

Paulo Teixeira
April 3rd, 2014, 11:38 PM

Thanks and Cheers,

Bill

Your welcome. Just trying to make my trip as smooth as possible and I figured it would be good to share what I find with people.

Mike Watson
April 5th, 2014, 11:36 PM
I'll be there Tuesday and Wednesday - coming in Monday night.

Mark Donnell
April 6th, 2014, 01:39 PM
My only free evening at NAB will be Thursday the 10th. If anyone else is still going to be there and would like to talk video or cameras in general maybe we can pick a place and a time to get together ...

Jon Fairhurst
April 10th, 2014, 11:23 AM
Thanks for another great get-together, Chris!

Paulo Teixeira
April 10th, 2014, 05:52 PM
Why does the food here have to be so freaking expensive?

Jacques Mersereau
April 11th, 2014, 01:17 PM
Thanks for everything Chris - and a big call out to all the wonderful folks from DVINFO.
A real class act all the way around, and you should all be proud of what you've accomplished.

Best wishes for a great 2014 and I hope to see you all again next year at NAB 2015.

Jacques

Greg Boston
April 23rd, 2014, 06:26 AM
It was great to see Jacques and everyone else again this year. Thanks again to our intrepid kennel master (Chris) for making it all happen.

Regards,

-gb-