View Full Version : Need to rent XL-H1 or similar to transfer 3 tapes

Harry Bromley-Davenport
March 13th, 2014, 06:36 PM
Hi there,

The deck in my XLH1 bit the dust the other day and is refusing to play back. I am hoping that an XL-H1 or similar camera owner with a working deck can rent their camera to me or perhaps I could come round to them to offload the approximately 2 1/2 hours of material trapped on the tapes.

Please email me through this board, or phone me at *********. I hope it's ok to post a phone number on this board. I can't remember the rules.

Anyway, hope to hear from you -

Oh - I'm in LA in La Crescenta which is near Glendale, Pasadena, Burbank and N. Hollywood. So, please, no replies from Swaziland.

Best,

Harry.

Pete Bauer
March 13th, 2014, 07:22 PM
Hey Harry, we do avoid/remove personal phone numbers for safety reasons since once posted, the number is "out there" not only for the helpful people but the trolls and spammers. Once someone replies privately by email, you can choose whether or not to share your number privately with them.

Any HDV capable Canon camera ought to work (XL, XH, HV) so hopefully someone nearby is able to help out. Otherwise, it should be easy to pick up a used HDV camera or if you have a bit of time, the Canon Irvine center ought to be able to fix up your camera.

Harry Bromley-Davenport
March 13th, 2014, 07:53 PM
Thanks very much for the advice and information.

Harry.