View Full Version : Greetings from Edmond Oklahoma

Kris Zimbelman
April 13th, 2014, 09:26 AM
A suburb of Oklahoma City. Is there anyone in my area that would be willing to teach me the A to Z of camcorders? I have tried the local community college and a couple of local videographers but none of them seem to have the knowledge that I am interested in. I also have the DVD entitled "camera confidence"
Of course I am willing to compensate

Geoff Tirrell
May 22nd, 2014, 10:27 AM
What exactly do you mean by the a-z of camcorders.

Because there are places and people who could if you have the aptitude, teach you how to strip down and essentially build a camera, read scopes create scene files on the fly from scratch etc... All of those very important skills. There are also people who can if you have the aptitude teach you how to compose and shoot beautiful sequences, scenes etc. Also all important skills but without knowing what you want and what types of work you want to do it is tough to make a recommendation.

Where are you career wise if you are just a student or have just barley picked a camera thats fine but my recommendation would be very different than what I would give to say a news shooter looking to retool his career after 10 years.