View Full Version : 710 Field Monitor Tally

Taylor Montgomery
May 23rd, 2014, 06:43 AM
Hi all!

I'm looking at buying a couple of 710s for live production/event production. I want to pair it with the HI-H71HI field monitor. The question... The monitor uses a D-Sub connector for the tally connection. What system is this?! I have searched and searched and I can't figure out how to get a tally signal to the cameras! I'll be coming out of a Panasonic switcher with with the big Paralell-looking GPI/Tally connection. How does this work?

William Hohauser
May 31st, 2014, 06:49 AM
D-sub is an extremely common connector style that's been around for decades. They come in many variations with 9-pin and 15-pin connectors being the most common. VGA computer monitors use D-sub style connectors. Unfortunately tally and intercom systems have remained in the 1980's with the style of wiring they use so you are stuck with wiring your own system together especially since you are not using studio style cameras. Go to L-Com, they have a huge catalog of connectors and adapters for problems like this. You might be able to buy some breakout d-sub adapters for both the switcher and the monitors that will help you avoid a soldering job. I've bought items like that from them in the past.