View Full Version : Edius encode problem

Colin Rowe
June 10th, 2014, 07:05 AM
Hi I have an encode problem on Edius 6. I am trying to encode an Mp4 file from the timeline for playback on a USB memory stick through my TV.
Problem 1. When I encode from the timeline, everything seems to be going along as it should, but when the encode finishes I get an unexpected error message, and no file.
My solution was to make a Canopus HQ file, and encode this to Mp4 with Premiere pro 6. This all works out fine, except that there are jaggies all over any motion, particularly noticable on scrolling titles. The file plays back fine on PC, Laptop and through a media player to the TV. The original footage is from a Panasonic tm900. Shot in HA mode. This flags up as 25 fps, but I take it is in a 50i wrapper, as the field order is top field first. Can anyone point me in the right direction, as to encoding this, or am I missing something in the project settings.
Thanks

Tim Polster
June 10th, 2014, 07:17 AM
Colin, I would go post this question at the Edius forum. You will get more specific answers.

Colin Rowe
June 10th, 2014, 07:32 AM
Thanks for that Tim

Tim Polster
June 10th, 2014, 08:23 AM
My guess is there is something wrong with the source file. This is usually the cause for Edius instability.

You could try to render (shift +Q) the clip before encoding and see if that helps.