View Full Version : Green pixels on JVC GZ MS120BU

Marc Lefebvre
July 9th, 2014, 07:26 AM
Hello all!

I have been searching the web high and low with regards to green pixels (or missing pixels, dormant pixels, dead pixels etc.) and have found very little to nothing with regards to my type of video camera.

I have seen that other camera models had an advanced menu that would appear with a special key combination on the camera then select an option to "flash" or "reset" all pixels on the camera and voila, the pixels are "fixed" but I cannot find any such option on my model.

Does anyone know of a way to fix these green pixels?

I currently have two of them appearing in my videos. As I move my camera around while taping, the pixel seems to be bouncing around?!?!

Will I have to send it in for repair or is there something out there that I can do to save myself the repair cost for this older model video recorder?

Thanks

Shaun Roemich
July 17th, 2014, 10:50 AM
Don't have an answer for your problem directly but what the Pixel Masking routines do in other JVC products isn't "reseting" the pixels but identifying them as hot or stuck and masking them out and I believe blending in from a surrounding pixel set.