View Full Version : Too much red

Danny Santos
October 8th, 2005, 07:11 AM
I was at a wedding rehearsal last night to prepare for tomrrow's wedding. I open up my Gl2 and saw too many red on the viewfinder. The carpet in the church is RED and I believe GL2 also add to the problem.

Can anyone assist me please. I want to dampen a bit the red color but not having any success as I see it on the viewfinder.

Thanks.

David Ennis
October 8th, 2005, 11:24 AM
It is a characterstic of the GL2 to give slightly pink flesh tones, but I assume you are talking about much more red than that.

Sounds like the White Balance is incorrect, probably set to outdoor lighting. Try the camera in full automatic mode using the switch on the side of the cam (slide it to the "green box" to verify that the cam is not defective.

If you want to operate in manual mode (slide switch to "P"), make sure you either choose indoor lighting, auto white balance or manual white balance. Use the "Select" switch under the "W. Balance" label on the side of the camera to step through the various white balance modes. Indoor is the light bulb icon, outdoor is the sun icon, and auto is no icon.

Also make sure the camera is not set for extra red. Press the menu button and choose "CSTM PRESET" and check the COLOR PHASE control.

David Yuen
October 8th, 2005, 03:02 PM
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=39275