View Full Version : Hailing from Minnesota!

Scott James Walter
July 29th, 2014, 09:54 AM
Hey guys,

First post here on the revered dvinfo.net forums! Excited to be a part of this community. If anyone is in the Minneapolis area of Minnesota and wants to hang out and pretend we know what we're doing with a film camera, message me! Seriously though, being a SPC isn't fun for a lot of reasons!

I'm 22, married, and am looking to get into more serious cinematography other than just posting random stuff to vimeo/youtube. Stuff like wedding videography, promos for local businesses (restaurants, etc.) and maybe a short film or two. I got a few ideas and am a particular fan of the horror genre :)

Mark Koha
July 30th, 2014, 10:38 AM
Welcome aboard. I was just in Minneapolis about a week ago. Holy crap was it hot.

Robert Benda
July 30th, 2014, 10:44 AM
Welcome, Scott.

I'm also in Minnesota, but it almost might as well not matter, since I'm off in Crookston, near Grand Forks, which is a ridiculous drive *sigh* so if you're ever headed in the direction Fargo, let me know.

I shoot weddings (30 so far) and am learning on the go. Old fart (37 this week, with gray in my beard), married, 2 kids (3 & 5), living in a town of 5,000, so I could not be more different, I suppose.

If I can help in anyway, ask.

Scott James Walter
August 1st, 2014, 01:13 PM
Hey Mark,

It was super hot that week. So thankful for the window AC unit I picked up for the summer for my apartment! I am able to sleep now, unlike last summer.

Hey Robert!

That is pretty far away! If I'm nearby I'll definitely contact you. You have way more experience than me so your knowledge is probably invaluable!

Nate Haustein
August 1st, 2014, 07:16 PM
Hey Scott, me too. Living in South MPLS and working over in Plymouth. Welcome aboard, you'll learn a lot cruising these boards.