View Full Version : BMPCC - Delivery Status

Garrett Low
August 7th, 2014, 10:02 AM
Trying to get a sense of where various suppliers are in filling orders for the BMPCC since the 50% off sale. I ordered from B&H on July 21 and just spoke with them. They could not tell me where they were in filling orders. Has anyone ordered from B&H and received their camera? If so when did you place your order? It would be interesting to see the same for other retailers too.

Jim Andrada
August 7th, 2014, 10:53 AM
Same story I got from B&H a week ago - sor of an "You'll get it when we get it" kind of thing

Erick Munari
August 7th, 2014, 12:47 PM
I ordered from BH the same day as you Garret, my order lists as 'pending', costumer service told me the same as Jim. At least we seem to be all in the same boat.

Garrett Low
August 7th, 2014, 01:22 PM
Erick, my order is listed as "On Order". Wonder which is better. In any case it seems that they are just filling them as they get cameras in but are not willing to say where they are in order.

It would be nice if they could say that they've shipped cameras ordered up to a certain date.

Jim Andrada
August 7th, 2014, 08:22 PM
I checked my order status

The order placed on 7/22 used to say "On Order" with a tracking status of "Pending"

Now it says "New Order Processing" with same tracking status.

The order placed 7/26 Says "On Order" with same tracking status of "Pending"

Wonder what that all means??? Is "New Order Processing" better than "On Order"???

The price on the website is now back to $995, so no more $495 cams can be ordered.

A hundred years ago (well, actually 50 years ago) when I worked for IBM and Mainframes were the only game in town, when IBM brought out a new system they took what they called "First Day Orders" and then randomized ship dates. There was an active market in delivery positions so all kinds of people who had no intention (or $) to buy an IBM Mainframe would place a bunch of orders and cancel the ones with late delivery dates and sell early delivery dates to companies that had a close-in need for a system.

(Those were the days!!!! Now IBM is trying to sell off their chip business and Bloomberg News is reporting that IBM is going to have to pay a $Billion or two to get someone to buy the aging facilities. Times change.)

I wonder if there is some similar speculation going on with these cameras.

John Richard
August 8th, 2014, 07:47 AM
Also ordered from B&H (along with Metabones EF Adapter) and get the same useless order status info.
Obviously B&H cannot provide status info if they have to firm shipping info, but it makes the whole idea of their Order Status system rather pointless. The good news is those that did meet the deadline at the special price will eventually obtain their cameras... we hope.

Joshua Reafsnyder
August 8th, 2014, 04:10 PM
I also ordered from B&H. I ordered on 7/16 and it was in the same "on order" status for a long time. At the time I ordered it their website said it would ship in 2-3 days. After a week I emailed them and they responded that they did not know when it would ship. Well I just checked on Wednesday 8/6 and it has finally shipped. It is scheduled to arrive on Monday 8/11.

So I don't know if that helps you that are waiting impatiently like I have been, but good news is they have starting shipping the backlog, but then again I ordered mine the day it went on sale, I just did not get around to making the order until that night when I got off work. It was kind of frustrating not knowing when it was coming. I almost canceled my order with BH when Adorama posted their supply on amazon, a couple of days after the sale started. Kind of wish I did now. I would have had the camera a lot sooner.

Erick Munari
August 20th, 2014, 11:05 AM
My order status is:
Order Status: New order processing / Tracking: Pending

I stop by BH a week and half ago and asked if they had it in stock, the response from the sales rep was 4-6 weeks.

Chris Barcellos
August 29th, 2014, 12:29 AM
A friend who ordered from BH on 7/18/2014 got hers today. I ordered from Adorama on the 27th, and have had no change to my back ordered status.

Garrett Low
August 29th, 2014, 01:11 PM
I just got a note from B&H.I ordered on 7/21. They said, still on order waiting for it from the manufacturer. Great, thanks a lot. LOL.

Chris Barcellos
August 29th, 2014, 07:40 PM
Got a note from Adorama today. Camera is shipping. Meantime, my friend brought hers over, and I have now had first hand experience with the Pocket camera. Very similar in operation to my BMCC EF. She has a Metabones Nikon to MTF adapter that works great with my old Nikon glass.

Garrett Low
August 29th, 2014, 11:40 PM
Seems that Adorama is getting cameras in faster than B&H.

John Richard
August 30th, 2014, 10:42 AM
Ordered from B&H (along with Metabones EF Speedbooster) on 7/30 and still getting the "4-6 weeks shipping" reply.

Jim Andrada
August 31st, 2014, 12:23 PM
Maybe B&H has a bigger order backlog than Adorama, which might account for the difference.

Garrett Low
September 1st, 2014, 11:28 PM
OK. Just checked on the status of my 7/21 order from B&H and it has finally been changed to In Stock, order sent to warehouse. So hopefully it will ship tomorrow and I'll have it by the end of the week. Guess it's time to look for the best price on some SanDisk Extreme Pro 64GB cards.

Erick Munari
September 4th, 2014, 05:13 PM
Received mine yesterday. All is well, if you don't have yours yet, it must be on its way very soon!

Jim Andrada
September 10th, 2014, 10:31 AM
Just got an email - one of mine has shipped, one more to go. I ordered the 2nd one a few days after the first one. They were ordered on 8/22 and 8/26

Kevin Brennan
September 16th, 2014, 02:57 PM
Still waiting on mine ordered 8/1 from b&h, how is everyone else doing?

Jim Andrada
September 16th, 2014, 11:29 PM
I got one last week (it was ordered 7/22, not 8/22 as I mistyped above)

Still waiting on the one ordered 7/26. It still says "New order pending"

John Richard
September 21st, 2014, 08:57 AM
Ordered from B&H 7-30-14 and still waiting. B&H responds to emails with basically ... they have no idea when stock will arrive. Their status reporting provides no worthwhile info.

Jim Andrada
September 21st, 2014, 08:49 PM
I just saw that the camera I ordered from B&H on 7/26 shipped Friday.

Don't worry - you'll see yours before too much longer.

Now I have to order a couple of Metabones Speed Boosters I think. Lots of Canon and Leica EF glass from my mainly stills background..

John Richard
September 25th, 2014, 09:39 AM
ok - my 7-30-14 order from B&H is en route. Hooray

Adam Terrell
October 2nd, 2014, 07:50 PM
My order from the last couple of hours from the sale (late evening August 2nd) shipped today.

Kevin Brennan
October 7th, 2014, 10:13 AM
Just stopping in to say that I got my 8-1 order on Friday 10-3.

Definitely glad I got one

Jim Andrada
October 7th, 2014, 02:37 PM
Both of mine made it safely.

Alex Humphrey
November 30th, 2014, 03:31 PM
hi, with BMPCC on sale on amazon ($700 ish) and KITS fro Adorama with speed booster for about $1,100 any idea if this is package deal from BlackMagic? I asked Adorama and they didn't have a ETA for arrival. BH has no sales. Just wondering if there is any feedback or news since this looks like a similar order and wait from earlier this year. ?