View Full Version : Saving project to external drive

Jeff Cook
September 17th, 2014, 09:38 AM
Hello. I was curious on the best way to work on a project on your internal drive and then copying that project to an external drive with the ability to make changes in the future. I currently am running Edius Neo 3.5 and like to edit my projects on the internal. However, once I am done I would like to copy the project to the external. What I have been having problems with is once I copy it to the external all the files are off line. I have tried to relink them but I am sure I am doing something wrong. Could you please inform me the best way to relink the media. Thank you.
Jeff

Ervin Farkas
September 17th, 2014, 02:31 PM
In Edius you can do this using the "Consolidate Project" under the File menu - but I'm not sure if little brother has the option.

Jeff Cook
September 17th, 2014, 05:38 PM
Yes it has that function. I must be doing or moved one of the major clips. If i start the project on drive C and move the entire folder to my external F drive, all I would need to do is: open project from the edius start up. This screen would indicate that the project is off line right? I then should open up the offline project and then go to consolidate project?

Ervin Farkas
September 17th, 2014, 05:56 PM
No. Open the project on drive C, then go File > Consolidate Project, chose Save Project to Folder, specify a folder on the external drive, then under Settings choose the option that best fits your need. Your project will then reside on the external drive.

Jeff Cook
September 18th, 2014, 10:12 AM
Ervin,
Thanks. What I did some testing last night and just copied the file from the edius folder on c drive to external. This accomplishes somewhat the same thing you described correct?

Vince Pachiano
September 18th, 2014, 11:44 AM
Ervin,
Thanks. What I did some testing last night and just copied the file from the edius folder on c drive to external. This accomplishes somewhat the same thing you described correct?

If it is anything like other NLE, you really want to use the Consolidate Project. What happens if you are using a clip that you forgot was in a weird location. If you merely copy what you think are all your clips, you will miss this one.