View Full Version : marshall monitors

Jim Stamos
November 19th, 2014, 07:59 AM
I'm looking at the 5 and 7inch monitors for my ex1r.particularly the vlcd51,mct506-8 and the mct 7in.ylthey have the same resolution,I believe the mct series is newer.anyone used these.important for me that the color matches well what 8 see on my camera lcd.read some say it does well,some say no.your comments appreciated. Shoot a lot of stage school events and weddings

Steven Digges
November 24th, 2014, 08:23 AM
Jim,

I have the Marshall M-CT7 and a Small HD 7 That means I have one on each end of the scale.

Since the M-CT7 is at the very low end of the Marshall line, you get what you pay for. I don't think they have anything to do with making it. My impression of it is a cheap china monitor with their name on it. I am OK with it because of the versatility and it is just an on camera tool. In that low price range you are not going to find any monitor worthy of true color or exposure accuracy. The sun shade is a Marshall billboard with large white text all over it. You get what you pay for, it is a cheap monitor. I am just OK with it, not thrilled.

The Small HD on the other hand, at three times the cost, is much better but crazy expensive.

For me, I don't care about all of the so called features they are trying to sell you in on camera monitors. I rarely use them, even on the small HD. I care about inputs and basic image controls.

You might be disappointed with the M-CT7. There must be a good compromise somewhere between it and the Small HD but I don't know which monitor it is.

Steve