View Full Version : Firmware 1.9.10 with improved in camera formats

Chris Barcellos
December 2nd, 2014, 02:27 AM
New. firmare is available at the Blackmagic website.
Blackmagic indicateS it provides improvement to formatting.

Jim Andrada
December 2nd, 2014, 10:35 PM
Just wanted to check - I think the update works for all the cameras, right? (I have 1 x BMCC and 2 x BMPCC)

Do I need to download one copy for each camera with appropriate serial number or will one download work for all three cameras?

Chris Barcellos
December 4th, 2014, 12:44 PM
I have two Blackmagic cameras, and 1 download works for all Blackmagic cameras. Once you download it and install it, the new firmware checks the camera that is currenltly plugged in, to determine if current firmware is same as one in the installed camera firmware program. This thread at Blackmagic forum gives a detailed instruction:

Blackmagic Forum ? View topic - How to update your firmware (http://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28413)

Jim Andrada
December 6th, 2014, 09:08 PM
Thanks Chris

Rakesh Malik
December 8th, 2014, 10:57 AM
Does iris control work again with the new firmware? I haven't been able to get the camera to let me set the iris on my Lumix lenses with the last few firmware versions. And I've had two of my Black Magic cameras in for repair so they've been idle for quite a while, leading me to lose track of the firmware.

I hope it's just a wonky setting that I have to find, or their usual crappy ergonomics. But now I'm stuck with only auto-iris on my Lumix lenses, making me think about just selling them, since I can't use them on any of my other cameras anyway.

Craig Seeman
December 9th, 2014, 11:14 AM
BMPCC went from 1.9.7 to 1.9.10. Didn't have any problem with Iris control on either firmwares and Lumix 12-35.

Rakesh Malik
December 9th, 2014, 11:48 AM
I'll have to try it again then. Maybe it's just the crappy UI getting in the way, as usual.