View Full Version : help with a problem please

Eric Kovacs
December 14th, 2014, 04:35 PM
I have a Sony AX2000. I was filming a wedding last weekend and I noticed a problem in 2 clips. It appeared as a black vignette in the right side of the frame and the bottom. I thought it was my lens hood or mic cable. However, I looked at it while filming and even removed the lens hood. It was still there on the next clip but went away and did not return. However, if it happened once I am afraid it will happen again

I wonder if something is going bad in the camera shutter or lens iris ?

Here is a link to the clip http://youtu.be/If8-RDe7gTc

Any suggestions ?

Oren Arieli
December 14th, 2014, 04:52 PM
Well, for starters, you can make the link to be visible. It's set as 'private'.

Eric Kovacs
December 14th, 2014, 05:28 PM
Opps let me change that. Thanks.

Eric Kovacs
December 14th, 2014, 05:30 PM
http://youtu.be/If8-RDe7gTc

Oren Arieli
December 14th, 2014, 08:40 PM
My best guess is that the lens hood is loose and slid forward or shifted just enough to cast a shadow.

Chris Harding
December 14th, 2014, 10:59 PM
I got a weird shadow on my EA-50 with a big Nikon lens on it and found that the hood had simply rotated and one of the petals cast a shadow on the image.

The AX is a pretty small camera .. was it being hand held or on a tripod? At wide angles it's easy to accidentally get your finger in the way without realising it!!

John Wiley
December 14th, 2014, 11:33 PM
I've had issues on an NX5 with ND filters getting stuck - though it only darkened one side of the frame, not the the bottom as well.

If it happens again my first suggestion would be to remove the lens hood completely and see if that is the cuplrit. Failing that, it might be worth turning stabilisation off, just in case it is a rogue IS system putting your lens elements off-whack.

Eric Kovacs
December 15th, 2014, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the response. I guess I will hold off on sending it in for repair. Hopefully you are right.