View Full Version : New forum for Panasonic high-end consumer cams

Chris Hurd
February 2nd, 2015, 08:50 AM
Motivation from the Sony area clean-up spurred me on to straighten out the Panasonic boards as well. I've split a bunch of threads out of the AVCCAM forum -- as AVCCAM is for AVCCAM -- and moved them to a new board:

Panasonic HC Series Camcorders Forum at DV Info Net (http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-hc-series-camcorders/)

Which has been, yes, I know, long overdue. Hope this helps,

Chris Harding
June 24th, 2015, 08:25 AM
Hi Chris

We would really love just one more that covers the bridge cameras and they are becoming very popular especially at weddings ..the FZ200 and FZ1000 (as a 4K camera this one is becoming quite a talking point)

Chris

Roger Gunkel
June 24th, 2015, 08:47 AM
Hi Chris,

I would second Chris's request for a forum for the Panasonic bridge cameras particularly the FZ range.

Roger

Chris Harding
June 27th, 2015, 08:25 AM
Thanks Roger

These are getting so popular ..every third person I talk to says they are getting one and I have quite a few un-answered questions about the setup but I really don't want to post in the wedding forum when the questions are camera model related .. the FZ200 is a lot different to the FZ1000 I have already found out.

Hopefully Chris will have a minute or two to pop in a new forum under Panasonic for all the new FZ1000 and 200 users

Chris Hurd
September 30th, 2015, 10:40 AM
MONTHS later... this is now an actuality:

Panasonic LUMIX LX / FZ Series Forum at DV Info Net (http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-lumix-lx-fz-series/)

So it's one board for interchangeable lens LUMIX (G, GF, GH, GX etc.) and one for point & shoot LUMIX (LX, FZ etc.)

Finally!

Chris Harding
September 30th, 2015, 05:24 PM
Perfect and a thousand thanks to the great Mr Hurd !!!

Roger Gunkel
October 1st, 2015, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the new forum Chris just what was needed :-)

Now we can chat about all the technical stuff to our heart's content without interfering with the wedding and small events forum.

Roger

Roger Gunkel
October 1st, 2015, 03:37 PM
Double post

Joachim Claus
October 19th, 2015, 06:19 AM
Chris,
can you assign the new Panasonic AG-DVX200 to just one of the forums? Currently I find contributions under Digital Video Industry News, Panasonic HC-Series Camcorders, and Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant.
Joachim

Chris Hurd
November 26th, 2015, 10:11 AM
It only took a month... but this is now done; the DVX200 topics now belong to the former DVX100 forum.

The direct link is Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant Forum at DV Info Net (http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dvx-dvc-assistant/)

"The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30."

J. Stephen McDonald
December 24th, 2015, 05:51 PM
Regarding the start of a new forum for bridge cameras, in a few months there will likely be several new superzoom models that are introduced, that will shoot 4K. Sony might be the first and Nikon may follow. It might be best to wait to see how many will implement 4K and then organize a forum around all the brands together, rather than devote a forum to each.

Chris Harding
December 25th, 2015, 07:01 PM
The Pannys are already there Stephen ... I shoot 4K on the FZ1000 all the time and Sony's bride cameras do the same thing too. As 4K will soon be common thruout all brands it's probably better to sort by brand !