View Full Version : HVR-A1 Scratching the tapes

Edgar Racho
February 22nd, 2015, 09:53 PM
Please help...
on my last two events I notice when I transfer my video in to my PC that the tapes get scratched
and I'm getting multiple scenes loosing part of the video and sound
what can be the problem for this ?
bad heads ?
when Im recording everything looks normal on the screen!!!
That start happening after I fix the cable that goes from the camera to the LCD screen on a professional place

Rob Hargreaves
February 23rd, 2015, 10:04 AM
Wrong forum for this question I believe?

Adam Gold
February 23rd, 2015, 12:32 PM
Yes, it's the wrong forum.

When was the last time you cleaned the heads?

Chris Hurd
February 23rd, 2015, 01:30 PM
Thread moved to A1 forum with two-day redirect.

Edgar Racho
February 23rd, 2015, 01:40 PM
Hi every one Im new here and Idont know how to look for the right forum for this type of camera
Iwill like to get another camera and have this one as back up, (once it get fixed )any suggestions ?
I was thinking the Sony Fx1
I do weddeings and 15 years only for now
thanks
can any one show me how to post pics ?

Adam Gold
February 25th, 2015, 11:45 AM
It's possible you're too new. Scroll down when you are done writing but before you post to find the button marked "Manage Attachments." If it isn't there it will be after a month or so.

On the FX1, it's a lovely, beautiful cam but quite old and outdated, and not great in low-light. Also, it will not match well with your A1, as it is 3CCD and the A1 is CMOS. If you want to continue using tape, I'd recommend the FX1000 or better yet, the Z5, which has more features and XLR audio. Both are incredible in low light and will match better with your A1.

If you want to get away from tape, I'd recommend the AX2000.

Edgar Racho
February 25th, 2015, 12:10 PM
Thanks for your answer Adam
You are right I dont see the "Manage Attachments."
only the "Submith" and "Preview"
I guess I have to wait
For the Camera thanks for you advise
I think the Z5 will be my choice
the price is better
than the other two
I will like to go for the AX2000 so I can stop using
tapes but the price is out of my budget
Im gonna need tapes anyway for my A1
:-)

Chris Hurd
February 25th, 2015, 03:55 PM
You are right I dont see the "Manage Attachments."

Account upgraded -- please try again!

Adam Gold
February 27th, 2015, 12:00 AM
At this point I have five Z5s and would not consider upgrading. I am in love with these beasts. They can be had used very reasonably now and I would urge you to get an MRC1K card recorder to go with it, so you can record to tapes and/or card. The MRC snaps directly onto the back of the Z5 without the use of any cables.

This way you can wean yourself away from tape gradually without great expense.

I recorded to both tape and card for months because I didn't trust the cards. Eventually I just stopped using tape. But I still have tapes and decks and all that in case someone needs me to have them. So far, no one has.

Many many MRCs can be found on ebay for around $500. Well worth it. I have eight, just to have spares. I haven't had to replace an MRC yet.