View Full Version : R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy

Chris Hurd
February 27th, 2015, 01:40 PM
Live Long and Prosper in the Great Beyond, Spock...

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/27/arts/television/leonard-nimoy-spock-of-star-trek-dies-at-83.html?_r=0

I'll always remember him for a variety of other roles as well. The 1978 remake of "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" and a variety of TV shows such as Combat, Gunsmoke, Mission Impossible, etc.

Sad day.

John Kofonow
February 27th, 2015, 05:02 PM
He will be missed by the old and new Star Trek fans. I remember watching the original series.

John

Christopher Young
February 27th, 2015, 09:47 PM
His last Tweet says it all:

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP."

https://twitter.com/therealnimoy/status/569762773204217857

Will be missed by young and old alike. Trust he has beamed up to a beautiful peaceful place. LLAP indeed Mr. Nimoy.

Chris Young
CYV Productions
Sydney

Tim Paynter
February 28th, 2015, 01:38 AM
Geez, I thought I was the only guy left who watched the old series...yes he will be missed!

Chris Hurd
February 28th, 2015, 11:11 AM
You're not the only one, my friend -- I grew up watching Star Trek after school when it was syndicated in a late afternoon slot. That show kept me inside when I should have been playing outdoors. I got to know every episode very well, on a black and white TV to boot. Then, when my parents finally graduated to a color television, I got to re-discover the entire series. Seeing it in color was like seeing it for the first time all over again.

Paramount did a fine job re-mastering it (for the most part) and those boxed sets are now among my Blu-Ray favorites. That show was definitely ahead of its time... Roddenberry was a class act. As was Nimoy and all the others, so many of whom were drafted from the Westerns genre. "Wagon Train to the stars," indeed.

Bob Hart
February 28th, 2015, 01:05 PM
Chris.

I second your comments. He was no slouch as a writer-director either.

Jo Ouwejan
February 28th, 2015, 03:11 PM
I have a feeling, that people liked Mr. Spock more than they liked Captain Kirk.