View Full Version : i need questions for interviewing high school seniors

Jeremy Lee
March 5th, 2015, 10:07 AM
My wife and I have a wedding film company and recently we were asked to make a video for a client's high school senior. My wife has been wondering what questions to ask the student and family members so as to get some awesome soundbites. If anyone here has some suggestions I would be very grateful! Thanks
JDL

David Barnett
March 8th, 2015, 08:44 AM
Not sure if you did this yet, but I would suggest open ended questions, not yes/no. What do you look for in the future? What was your favorite HS moment? Tell us about what you'll miss most about your friends? (Not - Will you miss all your friends?)

Paul R Johnson
March 8th, 2015, 09:25 AM
You want awesome sound bites? Is there some kind of subject area the client is interested in? Something seems missing here?

Tim Paynter
March 8th, 2015, 02:51 PM
I am guessing you want questions related the to the life of the senior and his/her future?

"What should a student do when things go badly? What should students do to help prevent teen suicide?"

"Based on your high school experience, where do you want to go for the future"

Asking the family members, "Give me a single word to describe what life with a high school student in the family is like?"

Paul R Johnson
March 8th, 2015, 03:30 PM
This does rather centre on the person wanting to do this. My experience of teaching this age group is that this might be a difficult project!