View Full Version : "File Management" function seems to be broken

Greg Miller
March 14th, 2015, 07:46 PM
I've been trying to upload a .wav file which is 2.8MB in size. The File Management function says the size limit is 8.3MB. However, I am unable to upload the file, even after numerous tries.

I see the data going out to the server (if I observe bandwidth usage on my router). But eventually I get a "failed" message on the File Management window.

I could also try converting to MP3, which would be a much smaller file size; however, the forum does not seem to allow MP3 at all, for some arcane reason.

If someone reads this and successfully gets the File Management function working, please let us know, and I will try my upload again.

Thanks!

Chris Hurd
March 14th, 2015, 09:27 PM
Thanks for the heads-up on this. Much appreciated. I'll see about getting this issue resolved.

Greg Miller
March 17th, 2015, 09:17 AM
Hi Chris,

FYI it's still not working.

Greg

Chris Hurd
March 17th, 2015, 04:43 PM
Thanks for the reminder, Greg -- I'll put it in work.

Greg Miller
March 17th, 2015, 05:01 PM
Thanks, Chris!

While you're at it, is there any chance you could set up the board to allow MP3 uploads? Occasionally somebody wants to send a fairly long audio file, and a WAV version is too large for the upload limit. Even at maximum bitrate (320kbps) an MP3 file is only 1/5 as large as the corresponding WAV.

Anyway, thanks for keeping this excellent forum up and running, it's a great resource, a wealth of knowledge, and a source of help for a lot of folks!

Happy Trails,
Greg