View Full Version : NAB2015 Roll Call and Pass Codes

Pages : [1] 2

Chris Hurd
March 17th, 2015, 05:17 PM
Howdy from Texas,

Just wondering how many folks here are planning to attend NAB2013 next month, April 11 -16 (exhibits open on Mon. April 13). As always, I'd sure like to meet as many of you as I can, whether you're flying in from overseas or from a more local time zone. Please speak up here if you're planning to go!

If you haven't registered for your attendee badge yet, you can get on the show floor for free by registering with one of these codes:

LV6726 (courtesy of Lectrosonics, a DVi Sponsor, #C3744)
LV3457 (courtesy of Sound Devices, #C6040)
LV9993 (courtesy of Ikegami, #C7725)
LV5787 (courtesy of Jon Fauer / Film & Digital Times, #C10106)

I'm not especially biased towards Central Hall exhibitors; it just worked out that way. Okay, so who's going to be there?

Chris Hurd
March 17th, 2015, 05:19 PM
If you don't want to state publicly that you're going, please shoot me a private email (chris at dvinfo dot net)

That way, in case there might be a private DVi get-together, you'll be sure to get the invite. ;-)

Jon Fairhurst
March 17th, 2015, 10:30 PM
I'll be there from Tuesday am through Wednesday pm.

Years ago ('86-'96), I worked for Grass Valley, often doing setup and tear down. The best part was the final stage show. All week long, the performers and speakers would stick to every beat of the script. The final performance always included some unexpected gags, props and even some funny rendered video effects. You never knew what to expect. We'd cheer at the this grand finale, pop open some beers, and start pulling out cables, unbolting racks, and filling crates.

Looking forward to another NAB!

Brian Rhodes
March 18th, 2015, 11:21 AM
I will be there April 13-17

Barry Goyette
March 18th, 2015, 05:40 PM
I'll be in town Sunday and Monday. When's cocktail hour?

Barry

Chris Hurd
March 18th, 2015, 05:56 PM
Barry! It's Monday night. I'll send you an email. :-)

Tim Paynter
March 18th, 2015, 09:38 PM
Please put me on the list, Chris. Still trying to work out my schedule.

Tim

Gary Huff
March 19th, 2015, 08:03 AM
I will be in town April 9th through the 15th.

Tim Paynter
March 19th, 2015, 10:15 AM
Chris, do you have any inside on hotels? Thanks, Tim

Dylan Couper
March 19th, 2015, 10:54 AM
Yep, I'm in again!

Greg Boston
March 19th, 2015, 05:16 PM
I'll be back again for the week.

-gb-

Scott Lovejoy
March 20th, 2015, 12:55 PM
Excited to be going back for my second year. Getting in on Saturday the 10th and staying through 'til the 20th.

Shaun Roemich
March 20th, 2015, 03:07 PM
Likely be my first no-show at NAB and the DVInfo event in 5 years...

<insert sadness here>

Mike Watson
March 21st, 2015, 09:05 PM
Coming in Sunday night, at NAB Monday and Tuesday.

Calvin Bellows
March 25th, 2015, 02:19 PM
Tickets are booked. I will be there Mon-Wed

Craig Yanagi
March 25th, 2015, 03:48 PM
Shaun,

You're going to miss Dylan paying off his bet with me!

Jacques Mersereau
March 25th, 2015, 05:20 PM
Springtime in Vegas means NAB is back.
I will be there - I think this is No 19 for me.

1996 was just when EEE 1394 (aka DV) was about to come to life = RADICAL!

Anyone remember this?

< DPS Spark Plus capture card (WOO HOO!)
Way back in 1997, we tested a product that was among the first-ever FireWire DV capture cards for PCs: DPS's Spark. Since then, the Spark product line has gone through a few software upgrades. The DPS Spark is now available as the Spark Plus, a version that includes an onboard SCSI host adapter as well as a FireWire capture device. >

A couple more YEARS passed. Anyone remember these specs?

<<To use Studio DV you'll need a somewhat powerful computer, but not the beast of a machine that the Pinnacle DV500 (reviewed in June 00) required. According to the manufacturer you need a Pentium 233MHz, with 32MB RAM and a hard drive capable of 4MB/sec sustained transfer rate. >>

Jim Martin
March 26th, 2015, 11:31 AM
Yes, I'll be there with the EVS posse...arriving on Sunday thru at least Weds.....at Planet Hollywood

Jim Martin
EVSonline.com

Shaun Roemich
March 26th, 2015, 01:34 PM
Shaun,

Well, I DID register just in case... just need to get my passport and find a thousand bucks to make it feasible in good conscience... I would feel cheated if I didn't monopolize at least an hour of your time as usual at Secret HQ on Monday night...

Chris Hurd
March 26th, 2015, 01:36 PM
Ya gotta be there, Shaun!

Shaun Roemich
March 26th, 2015, 01:43 PM
Ya gotta be there, Shaun!

You might not even recognize me, Chris... 35 lbs lighter than last year...

Chris Hurd
March 26th, 2015, 01:44 PM
Thanks to those who have responded so far... invitations to our annual DVi get-together on Monday night are continuing to go out.

Our NAB2015 swag just arrived today. If you run into me on the show floor or come to our little party, you'll get one of these -- it's a combination stylus, pen & flashlight.

Shaun Roemich
March 26th, 2015, 01:48 PM
All kidding aside, Chris is a gracious host and you never know which "heavyweights" of the industry are going to stop in at his little shindig... An amazing opportunity to meet some of the true "movers and shakers" and get some one-on-one time with industry leaders...

Dylan Couper
March 26th, 2015, 03:41 PM
Shaun,

Oh crap... what did I bet you last year?!? It sounds familiar...

Craig Yanagi
March 26th, 2015, 06:52 PM
Dylan,

My end of the deal was for JVC to bring a S35mm handheld 4K camcorder into being.

Let's just say that the payout won't be at the secret HQ...

Chris Hurd
March 26th, 2015, 07:35 PM
Oh, it's behind closed doors, so it won't matter if it's not legal.

Calvin Bellows
March 26th, 2015, 09:43 PM
I sure hope you make it Shaun. Will be great to see you again.

Dylan Couper
March 27th, 2015, 04:50 PM
Dylan,

My end of the deal was for JVC to bring a S35mm handheld 4K camcorder into being.

Let's just say that the payout won't be at the secret HQ...

You get out of pre-order on the LS300 by the Monday 9am... and the night at Talk Of The Town is on me. :)

Chris Luker
March 29th, 2015, 09:34 PM
I will be there with my lovely French wife as usual...

Shaun Roemich
March 30th, 2015, 09:51 AM
Slight change in plans... looks like I may be coming after all...

"I get by with a little help from my friends..."
- The Beatles

Todd Mizomi
March 30th, 2015, 08:16 PM
3 of us from University of Hawaii Maui College will be attending NAB this year (my first ever NAB experience)

Shaun Roemich
March 31st, 2015, 09:16 AM
Dumb question:

Looks like I'm coming in Sunday and may be in need of finding a room to share for one night if anyone whose name I recognize wants to split a room for a night.

EDIT:
Not ENTIRELY sure I'm coming now or when... could go either way.

Shaun Roemich
March 31st, 2015, 09:45 AM
I will be there with my lovely French wife as usual...

Hey Chris... didn't I try speaking French poorly to your wife at Secret HQ last year? I had already quit drinking earlier that year so I know I wasn't drunk but NAB gets a little foggier every year...

Pete Bauer
April 3rd, 2015, 01:28 PM
I'll be in Vegas from Sunday to Thursday morning.
Oh, and I heard a rumor that there is trade show going on while we are all there? Any truth to that? If so, I hope it doesn't interfere with our nightly enjoyment of scorpions and mudslides.

Lorinda Norton
April 3rd, 2015, 02:14 PM
Did someone say mudslides?!? ;) My plan just hit a major snag, but I'm working on it.

Craig Yanagi
April 3rd, 2015, 05:14 PM
Lorinda, I'll have a Mudslide with your name on it ready for you...

Bill Davis
April 5th, 2015, 10:39 PM
I'll likely stumble in late. But I will stumble in. Just to give Lorinda a hug if nothing else.
I'll be the guy with faint tear streaks on my face from realizing that it's the last time I'll be staying at the Rivera. Bummer.

Tim Paynter
April 5th, 2015, 11:06 PM
Some people have mud slides and others have blizzards, looks like I have a pretty nasty one and will not likely make it this year.

Shaun Roemich
April 6th, 2015, 07:46 PM
Looks like I'm OFFICIALLY out for this year... BOO!

Everyone make sure Lorinda gets all the hugs and mudslides she can handle, please!

Dylan Couper
April 7th, 2015, 11:22 AM
For fun... My NAB 2015 predictions.
http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/527662-dylans-nab-2015-predictions.html#post1882295

Adam Chapman
April 7th, 2015, 12:43 PM
I'll be there! First time for Vegas and NAB for me. Coming in early on Saturday to Wednesday. Pretty stoked about the exhibits and meeting everyone!

Greg Boston
April 7th, 2015, 01:14 PM
For those of you coming to NAB for the first time...BRING COMFORTABLE SHOES. You're going to be doing a lot of walking. NAB takes up the entire LVCC and it's about a 20 minute walk from one end to the other. That's if you go in a straight line. Most can't because they'll see something along the route that they detour over to for a closer look.

-gb-

Jon Fairhurst
April 7th, 2015, 03:37 PM
And if it's your first time visiting Vegas and plan to gamble...

* Know the rules of the game and how to maximize your odds (especially blackjack.)
* Budget how much money you are willing to lose.
. - When it's gone, leave the table.
. - If you double it, leave the table.
. - After an hour or if you are tired/drunk and prone to mistakes, leave the table!
* Have fun!

I've known people who suffer from acute gambling addiction. How can you spot them? They don't leave the table! ;)

Jim Martin
April 7th, 2015, 03:56 PM
Well said young Skywalker......

Jim Martin
EVSonline.com

Shaun Roemich
April 7th, 2015, 03:59 PM
For an adventure, jump The Deuce (double decker bus that runs along The Strip) and head to Fremont for the Fremont Street Experience and cheap souvenirs, nickel slots and horrible watered down drinks that are free.

And yes...

WEAR COMFORTABLE SHOES!

Even business reps from major corporations will be wearing suits with sneakers. The easiest way to tell a first timer to NAB is the dress shoes.

Lorinda and I walked from Mandalay Bay to Secret HQ which isn't overly far from the Convention Centre with me wearing newer dress shoes on my first visit as I wanted to make a good impression on the DVInfo crowd. The heel blisters were EPIC!

Friends don't let friends wear dress shoes at NAB!

Adam Chapman
April 7th, 2015, 06:13 PM
And if it's your first time visiting Vegas and plan to gamble...

* Know the rules of the game and how to maximize your odds (especially blackjack.)
* Budget how much money you are willing to lose.
. - When it's gone, leave the table.
. - If you double it, leave the table.
. - After an hour or if you are tired/drunk and prone to mistakes, leave the table!
* Have fun!

I've known people who suffer from acute gambling addiction. How can you spot them? They don't leave the table! ;)

Ha! Wife already took away my personal cards and gave cash for the gambling - (everything else is paid for via work). Apparently, she learned I had a walk away problem on our last cruise - but hey, gotta lose money at least once in Vegas!

Chris Hurd
April 7th, 2015, 07:13 PM
Lorinda and I walked from Mandalay Bay to Secret HQ

Holy cow, I just checked the distance on Google Maps... that's just about three and a half miles!

Shaun Roemich
April 7th, 2015, 07:18 PM
Dylan TOLD us it was a short walk... "half an hour or so" he said...

Some friend! <laughs>

Lorinda Norton
April 7th, 2015, 10:35 PM
It was worth it for the fun we had, but you definitely win the prize for the biggest blister I've ever seen, Shaun. :) So sorry you aren't going to make it this year; we always have a great time.

A promised Mudslide from Craig and a hug from Bill means I've been trying extra, extra, EXTRA hard to make this trip work. Probably inched to somewhere over 50% tonight so I'm hopeful!

Craig Yanagi
April 8th, 2015, 09:07 AM
Ha! Wife already took away my personal cards and gave cash for the gambling - (everything else is paid for via work). Apparently, she learned I had a walk away problem on our last cruise - but hey, gotta lose money at least once in Vegas!

You married a Keeper, Adam! My wife gave me mad money as well... Have a safe trip in, and be sure to come by the JVC booth (Central Hall #4314 - next to Canon) and say "Hey!"