View Full Version : SXS Card Needed to trigger Recorder?

Keith L. Adams
March 20th, 2015, 08:02 PM
So the F3 needs an SXS card in the slot, that is recording, or the external recorder won't trigger? That's what I'm finding. Is there a workaround for this, am I doing something wrong? It's always nice to have a backup, but it seems strange that it is a must do. Thanks

Dave Sperling
March 20th, 2015, 10:47 PM
Which external recorder? How is it set up? Is it triggering from sensing advancing timecode? Does the 'record start' button on the recorder not function or is the recorder set to disable it? Is it being fed via HDMI or HDSDI or through the dual link?

Keith L. Adams
March 21st, 2015, 06:19 AM
Which external recorder? How is it set up? Is it triggering from sensing advancing timecode? Does the 'record start' button on the recorder not function or is the recorder set to disable it? Is it being fed via HDMI or HDSDI or through the dual link?

BM Hyperdeck Shuttle 2 connect to HDI A [of the dual link}. Trigger sensing advancing timecode [the only way I could get it to work]. Record start doesn't seem to be an issue, I could manually hit record on the deck, but to trigger it via camera record button t's just needs an SXS card to record to at the same time. Thanks.