View Full Version : Modern replacement for the Hue Curves feature in Apple Color?

Nick Piegari
April 4th, 2015, 05:01 PM
There were a lot of things I didn't like about the now-extinct Apple Color (holy user interface, Batman!), but one thing I really, really miss is the Hue Curves feature.

http://www.taoofcolor.com/wp-content/uploads/Color_hue_curve.jpg

It was SO useful. You could boost your reds and dampen your yellows and make your too-cyan sky a little more blue by adding a few points on the curve. Easy-peasy. Or you could get really fancy and use it to match the chips on your calibration chart.

And now, I can't find that feature anywhere. As far as I know, it's not in Premiere, it's not in After Effects, it's not in DaVinci Resolve, and it's not in Color Finesse. None of the other color correction methods – circles, huge lists of sliders, whatever – offer that same kind of control. I miss it dearly!

Is there anything out there that'll bring this feature back? If I could have my cake and eat it too, I'd like to be able to use it from within Premiere, please :-)

(Note: This is distinct from brightness / channel curves, which do something altogether different.)

Nick Piegari
April 7th, 2015, 09:31 AM
Heh heh. Apparently I didn't look very hard, because it's right there in Color Finesse.

Well, that's exciting! Now I just need to figure out how to get Color Finesse working from within Premiere.