View Full Version : FS100 Anton battery plate/dummy batter with FS700?

Ray Lee
April 11th, 2015, 07:19 PM
I have the Anton Bauer FGM-S battery plate for my FS100 and I assumed it would work with my FS700 also (they use the same battery) but it does not seem to fit, any idea if this can be made to work somehow?

Anton Bauer FGM-S Gold Mount with Cable FGM-S B&H Photo Video

John Mitchell
April 27th, 2015, 06:18 PM
I'm not sure why Ray - I can only assume they used the older style NP-F template which does not fit the FS700. I don't own an FS100 but I had a number of old NP-F style batteries lying around from an old Sony DV camera and all of them fit bar 1 which was missing a necessary groove that all the other batteries had.

You can buy a $10 power supply of a well known auction site to fit the power socket on your FS100 and a DC-DC converter for less than $10 that will give you your 8.4V or 7.2V output (not sure what the FS100 uses). Cannibalise the power supply for just the cable end and box up the converter and your all set provided you have some mechanical and soldering skills and a multimeter to get the polarity correct. Use the existing AB plate. There's already a DC to DC converter inside that dummy battery but you'd have to get it open to use it. That's what I'd do - probably solder straight on to the contacts, seal them with some hot glue and be done with it...

I built my own Vlock adapter from scratch and it cost me about $40 and a couple of hours. All depends on wat you feel conmfortable doing - please don't attempt it if you're not used to electronics and soldering - you'll probably destroy something and most likely the camera, and that will be an expensive repair.

Olof Ekbergh
April 29th, 2015, 06:44 AM
I have the Anton Bauer FGM-S battery plate for my FS100 and I assumed it would work with my FS700 also (they use the same battery) but it does not seem to fit, any idea if this can be made to work somehow?

Anton Bauer FGM-S Gold Mount with Cable FGM-S B&H Photo Video (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/554867-REG/Anton_Bauer_FGM_S_FGM_S_Gold_Mount_with.html)

I think you will find that the voltage converter is in the plate not the dummy battery. In that case you only need the connector. I stock those.

I convert many AB and IDX (these use a D-tap for 7.4 and 5v) plates to work with the FS700.

You can contact me directly and I will help you get converted, either by sending you the connector and having you do the soldering or you can send me the plate and I will do it for you if you are not sure about how it should be done, I am in NH.

John Mitchell
May 7th, 2015, 08:54 AM
I'd listen to Olof - he knows what he's talking about.