View Full Version : Video Mosaic

Mike Phan
October 15th, 2005, 11:35 AM
Hi everyone, I saw a videographer's demo and he had done soemthing i've been trying to do in my post production. Basically its a video photo mosaic. Yes, video Mosaic. It shows the picture of the B&G and then it pulls out and slowly joined with other pictures of them and then zooms out to show a mosaic of them, very nice. But i dont know if that was done on a mac or pc. I have a PowerMac G5 dual 2.5 with 2.5gb ram, does anyone have any suggestion on what software that can do that on a mac? Thank you in advance.

Boyd Ostroff
October 15th, 2005, 12:24 PM
I really can't visualize what you're describing, but have a look at Apple Motion. You could certainly do something along these lines with it.

Mike Phan
October 15th, 2005, 12:34 PM
Hi Boyd. Well u know what a mosiac looks like with all the smaller pictures forms one larger image. Well this video that the guy did, started out as one single image of that larger image, then it zooms out to show you the entire mosiac. I see there's some software for just photo mosaic but that's it. Does that make any sense?

Boyd Ostroff
October 15th, 2005, 12:40 PM
Does it just zoom out on a stationary block of pictures? If so then you could create a high res image of that in photoshop and import into FCP where you could keyframe a zoom out.