View Full Version : Possible dead pixels...help need info Please.

Lisa Bennett
May 31st, 2015, 05:27 PM
Cleaned the lens and still noticing a few white spots on a monitor. It;s not an HD monitor but where I am located right now I have to use an SD TV but with lens cap on I am seeing white spots.

I heard there is some way of the camera correcting this. Does the HD100U have such an option? Pixel refresher or it may be called cloning bad pixels or pixel compensation??

Lisa Bennett
May 31st, 2015, 07:52 PM
Found the answer. I located a link from old thread where a JVC person provided the information to another in a post.

I hope this might help someone else. It fixed mine.

The Dreaded Dead Pixel [Archive] - DV Info Net (http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/archive/index.php/t-68211.html)

Adam Letch
June 2nd, 2015, 07:43 AM
Hey Lisa,

the remapping does work well, just be aware if for some reason the internal battery looses charge it resets, this happened to me which I found out after a shoot. So always hook up to a monitor to check your rear focus anyway, and at the same time look for dead pixels. Mine wouldn't self correct after I while, maybe because the number of them I had. (possibly xray damage at airport). So I replaced the CCD block. But before that, the remapping worked no problem for a couple of years

Lisa Bennett
June 2nd, 2015, 08:19 PM
Hi Adam,

Thanks for the info about the internal battery. I just reset the date/clock recently since the camera has been sitting for awhile.

Glad to know this tip.

Thank you!