View Full Version : F3 Original PL Lenses Adaptability

Dave Sperling
June 1st, 2015, 08:44 PM
I have the original Sony PL lenses (35, 50, 85) that came with my F3. Haven't used them too much, but they always worked great on the F3. However...
A few days ago I tried to mount one on a smaller (micro 4/3) camera that had a PL-to-Micro 4/3 adapter from Hot Rod Camera. The lenses would not seat properly in the adapter. Tried a different adapter (same manufacturer) - same problem. We had some PL mount CP's - and they fit in the adapter fine.
So...
Has anyone else noticed/experienced this issue? Or conversely is there an adapter that you're using with the original Sony PL lenses that works well?
Thanks.

Doug Jensen
June 2nd, 2015, 05:32 PM
Dave, I still have those three Sony lenses (love them!) and a Hot Rod PL to e-mount adapter for my FS7 and A7s. The adapter works fine with those lenses. But I sort of remember back when the F3 first came out there were reports of the Sony lenses not fitting well on some PL cameras. The tolerances were too tight or something.

I don't know if any of that helps, but there you go!

Dave Sperling
June 2nd, 2015, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the info Doug, I may just have to bring the lenses in to one of the camera shops in NYC and try a few adapters on for size...