View Full Version : No rolling shutter on Canon XC-10

Jim Martin
June 26th, 2015, 10:14 AM
I think I posted this but I'll put it here in droneland....last week we flew the prototype Canon XC-10 with the DJI tech reps on their Spreading Wings octocopter. We flew back and forth and moved the gimbal around to try and get some rolling shutter issues to pop up.....glad to say, we found NONE ! yea.....Because the XC-10 has such a big "engine" to run as I call it, Big Boy 4K, and great side benefit is that processing ends up giving the camera no rolling shutter......so impressive that one of the DJI techs is ordering one saying it is the best & smallest camera to fly with.....

Jim Martin
EVSonline.com

Jack Zhang
June 26th, 2015, 10:18 AM
Interesting... a 1'' global shutter? Or is it a mechanical shutter?

Have you tested it with flash banding yet?

Jim Martin
June 26th, 2015, 12:28 PM
Mechanical......and no banding as far as we saw...but, it was a prototype, not a production run camera.
Also, our first shipment arrives the first part of next week and after our existing orders are filled, it looks like we'll have 4 cameras left so give us a ring!

Jim Martin
EVSonline.com

Jack Zhang
June 27th, 2015, 12:39 AM
24 frames or 30 frames? Can the mechanical operate at 30 frames?

Wacharapong Chiowanich
June 27th, 2015, 01:03 AM
24fps or 30fps still wondering how any of these can be sustainable, free from vibrations and have no interference noise that would affect sound recording if a mechanical shutter is employed full time?

Philip Lipetz
June 27th, 2015, 08:42 PM
some rolling shutter, not much but some. 4k frame grab taken from moving car. near lines but not far/

Kris Kohuth
July 1st, 2015, 10:58 AM
This claims to be a test of HD rolling shutter.

https://youtu.be/xnJp9tuesBA?t=138