View Full Version : Video: First Look at Canon XC10

Chris Hurd
July 14th, 2015, 02:56 PM
Jon Sagud of Canon USA provides a walk-around of the XC10... compliments of Zacuto.

First Look at Canon's XC10 on Vimeo

Steve Porchet
July 14th, 2015, 07:53 PM
I bought this camera and got it today.... Should be interesting what the learning curve will be. But I have a question.... What was that breakdown shoulder mount there were using?

John Nantz
July 14th, 2015, 09:32 PM
Looks like a Zacuto system: DSLR Kits | Camera Accessories | Zacuto USA (http://store.zacuto.com/dslr-runngun-rigs/)

The folding capability would be a real plus; however, it's not cheap.

Steve Porchet
July 15th, 2015, 01:38 PM
Looks like a Zacuto system: DSLR Kits | Camera Accessories | Zacuto USA (http://store.zacuto.com/dslr-runngun-rigs/)

The folding capability would be a real plus; however, it's not cheap.

Yes Sir, you are right on both counts, right company, and right on pricing...Yikes!

Robert Benda
July 15th, 2015, 02:25 PM
Curious to see how far you can push the iso.

Also not clear if the touchscreen allows the same facial tracking as the 70D... as in, touch the face/object on the screen and it tracks that.

Noa Put
July 15th, 2015, 02:55 PM
He likes to call the xc10 a videocamera because it captures UHD and not true 4K, even if it has a 4K logo on the camera because 2K and true 4K is a cineformat while UHD and HD is a videoformat which means the XC10 is a videocamera and not a cinecamera but a bit later he calls the xc10 a true 4k capture camera, so it is a cinecamera after all then? :) He keeps referring to "4k" a few times after that, so not sure what it is now, 4K or UHD?

He also says it was designed as a integrated lens camera because no other lens exists that is designed for 4k resolution on a 1 inch sensor but is that not what Sony is doing on the mark 2 of the RX10?

He also says because it's a 4:2:2 camera the color it produces is going to be gorgeous, so if I understand him right that means that 4:2:2, even if it's only 8 bit equals to "gorgeous color"?

Good thing the zacuto guys did point out some negatives at the end because otherwise I might have ordered it, just because I want it, even if I don't know what to do with it, because that is what this camera does to you...

It's always interesting to see first look videos but this only looked like a long commercial with very little useful information.

Wacharapong Chiowanich
July 15th, 2015, 10:08 PM
After all, the point of the video is to sell the rig and not the camera.

Steve Porchet
July 16th, 2015, 04:58 PM
Curious to see how far you can push the iso.

Also not clear if the touchscreen allows the same facial tracking as the 70D... as in, touch the face/object on the screen and it tracks that.

Yes the Facial tracking is like the 70D ( I also have the 70D so I know it's the same). One thing I do like about the Facial Tracking, you can turn it off by touching the screen also.