View Full Version : JVC LS300 on Vinten Blue

Duncan Craig
August 20th, 2015, 05:09 AM
Hiya Folks. I'm using my new JVC camera on my old Vinten Blue tripod.

The standard baseplate supplied with the tripod, which is the same as my Vinten Pro Touch 10, is a little too long for the camera and it protrudes out the back (see picture).

The locating pin hole and 1/4 inch thread have been placed a long way forward on this camera, which makes it really front heavy as well. I've been looking online at offset plates of various designs. I don't want to move the COG too high either so if anyone has any recommendations please pass them on.

Also, if there was a 1/4inch thread on the base plate it would be really useful because.... I need to use a 1/4inch variable arm to mount my Small HD DP 4 somewhere on the rig (because the JVCs screens are totally useless ATM). What is the thread size of the pan bar arm? A 3/8 thread will go in for about half a turn but no more.

This is a nice little adaptor for Manfrotto heads, not sure if it would fit Vinten though: http://4dslr.com/4dslr/Product/10

Thanks!

Duncan Craig
August 20th, 2015, 07:39 AM
Small update. Vinten tell me that the thread is 5/16 BSF (British Standard Fine)