View Full Version : Review of the URSA Mini

Dean Sensui
September 25th, 2015, 01:05 AM
Includes some sample clips. Nice stuff!

Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Working with the Blackmagic URSA Mini (http://nofilmschool.com/2015/09/everything-you-wanted-know-about-working-blackmagic-ursa-mini)

Noa Put
September 25th, 2015, 01:25 AM
Eventhough the person that tested it does weddings this doesn't seem like a camera to me you want to be using at weddings, main concern would be low light performance which doesn't appear to be good, then you have the moire issue which looked very obvious on the blue jacket from the groom, it was so distracting it could ruin the shot. Beside of the formfactor I don't see anything that would convince me buying it if I had to choose between this one and a c100 if I needed a camera to cover weddings.

Dean Sensui
September 25th, 2015, 02:09 AM
I'm not going to shoot weddings.

It's for a film and a possible documentary. I was looking at the sharpness, dynamic range and color quality. I'm impressed.

As for moire, it was in just one of the shots, I think. And in a film production environment there are ways to deal with that. It would be interesting to see what the 4.6k version of this camera can do.

Noa Put
September 25th, 2015, 02:39 AM
I didn't say you where going to use it at weddings, it was only because the review you linked to was made from a weddingvideographer point of view, a market BM seems to be targeting by sending one of their pre-production units to a weddingvideographer. The only thing I read in the "cons" part of his review is that this is not a camera for weddings and in it's price range there are other, much better options. About the moire, it was so obvious I find it strange that you didn't see that.

Ade Towell
September 25th, 2015, 05:17 AM
the moire was in 1080, apparently none in 4k