View Full Version : Scene file for DVX200 that looks like a GH4 in Natural

Tim Palmer-Benson
November 1st, 2015, 10:15 AM
Looking for a scene file that looks like the natural setting on a GH4...how can you create this or come close? Or, is it possible to come close to the scene setting of an AF100 which I have used successfully for more than 2 years.

This is what I have been using from Abel Cine on the AF100A. Can these settings offer a clue to a similar look on the DX200?

Detail: -7
V. Detail: -7
Detail Coring: -2
Chroma Level: -2
Master Ped: -3
Gamma: Cine V
Matrix: Norm 1

Bruce Lomasky
November 1st, 2015, 02:38 PM
Tim, I appreciate your sharing your scene file, I figure that with Barry's comment that the software kept changing until the day the camcorder shipped, means that there will be a lot of changes that users will figure out (unless Panasonic sends new firmware soon!) that will make the images better and better

However, you say -2 for detail coring. mmm, it only goes down to 0. Should i just press REALLY REALLY hard on the left arrow to try to get it to go below zero :)

thanks
Bruce

Tim Palmer-Benson
November 1st, 2015, 03:02 PM
No, sorry, you misunderstood the origin of that scene file. It is from my AF100A. I like what it does and wondering if it offered any clue to an equivalent setting on the DX200. However, I have since been experimenting with the scene files in the DX200 and discovered that if you drastically cut down the color phase to around -30 you get rid of the magenta look that seems to color the image otherwise. Of course I really don't know what I am doing, but in the absence of adequate information, what are the choices? I need a scene file that I can use, not one tinged with magenta or a yellowish cast In any case one can also go back to the default setting at a push of a button. I also tried changing all the color controls in the color correction menu but did not see much change. I don;t understand why reviewers don't get into this stuff and provide some helpful explanations!