View Full Version : Crowdfunding - where to advertise?

Rafael Lopes
February 8th, 2016, 10:55 AM
Hey guys,

I've got my indiegogo campaign ready to go, but before I "start the clock" I was wondering where do people post their campaigns (other then the usual places like HERE, on facebook, social midia, etc). Any tips on a good PR company for crowdfunding film projects?

Gary Huff
February 8th, 2016, 12:06 PM
How much are you looking to raise?

Rafael Lopes
February 8th, 2016, 12:26 PM
Around 22k...for a rock solid feature documentary.

Rafael Lopes
February 18th, 2016, 04:57 PM
Seriously? Nobody here has crowdfunded their project?

Gary Huff
February 18th, 2016, 04:59 PM
Nobody here has crowdfunded their project?

It's probably safe to say that on the whole board there has been no one who has fully funded what they were asking for that was over $5K.

What is your plan to either attract high value donations (i.e. $1000+) or a ton of $20 donations?

Mike Watson
February 18th, 2016, 10:40 PM
Crowdfunding is a beg-a-thon from your friends and family. You can post on facebook and tweet and do PR all day long, but where (in my experience) you will really make ground is one-on-one looking people in the eye and asking "can you donate $100 to my film project?".
Tip #2 is to get as many stakeholders as you can before you crowdfund. You are basically multiplying the number of friends and family times the number of stakeholders. So if it's just you, it's a personal begathon. But if you select a producer who will also push your Indegogo campaign, their friends and family may also donate. Same for actors (not applicable for a documentary), even grips and sound guys, etc - anybody who will post it to their facebook page who may have a mom who will donate $25.

James Manford
February 19th, 2016, 10:44 AM
Or get people to like you on Youtube.