View Full Version : A7s Stills Tethering ?

Dave Sperling
February 9th, 2016, 06:13 PM
On occasion I have a shoot where we need to do stills. In the past I've always USB tethered a Canon camera to my computer and used their utility software to display (& backup) on a laptop for client viewing while saving the pictures simultaneously to the camera card.

I have another similar shoot coming up and was thinking it would be great to be able to use my A7s (resolution is not an issue). I installed the Sony Remote Camera Control software, which recognizes the camera and tethers fine, but can't find a way to configure it to be able to save simultaneously to the camera card - it only seems to save to the computer. I also can't review shots on the camera (probably because it's not saving to the camera) - which is also an issue (and something I can always do with the Canon setup.)

Has anyone tried / been successful with this type of configuration with an A7s? Is there a different camera control software I should be using? Or should I just leave the A7s in the case as a worst-case backup and use the Canon system?