View Full Version : DVX200 - Zoom servo noise

Larry Chapman
February 20th, 2016, 11:51 AM
I do not have fast zoom enabled but....you can clearly hear the zoom servo when recording using the internal mic.For comparison, my old Canon XH-A1 is silent when zooming.

My camera or everyones?

Tony Neal
February 20th, 2016, 05:33 PM
Yes - just tried mine and I can hear the servo when its dead quiet, but its a fault common to many video cameras I've used. Not a problem as most of the time I'll be using external mikes or line and only using the internal mikes as a means to sync with other sources.

Interestingly, the zoom action is even more noticeable when zooming manually! Must be particularly sensitive internal mikes on the DVX200.

Larry Chapman
February 20th, 2016, 06:09 PM
Yes - just tried mine and I can hear the servo when its dead quiet, but its a fault common to many video cameras I've used. Not a problem as most of the time I'll be using external mikes or line and only using the internal mikes as a means to sync with other sources.

Interestingly, the zoom action is even more noticeable when zooming manually! Must be particularly sensitive internal mikes on the DVX200.

I agree that it's not a big deal. Just want to make sure it isn't a defect in my camera. When I put a shotgun on the camera it's much better.

WRT the noise when you manually zoom......be sure you flick the switch to manual zoom. That disconnects the servo mechanism.