View Full Version : Documentary being shot with an A7II & A7S

Rafael Lopes
February 27th, 2016, 08:14 AM
Gents, I've just started my campaign for an extremely important project on intolerance in Brazil called "Some kind of hatred". Brazil was always associated with heartwarming, welcoming people, but progressively this great nation is becoming scarred but acts of incredible intolerance and hatred. I've left Brazil when I was 11 years old and I came back 23 years later only to find a country I no longer recognize. This is a documentary that Brazil desperately needs! Please take 5 minutes to read about it in our campaign page: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/some-kind-of-hatred/x/13352131#/

Everything is being shot with an A7II and an A7S.

You can see the footage from the research phase right here: https://vimeo.com/154487628

Andrew Smith
February 27th, 2016, 08:19 PM
Regarding the "incredible intolerance and hatred", do you know what the mechanism is that is allegedly causing the changes? And are these genuine changes that will survive scrutiny when viewed in perspective, or is it a reflection of the media devolving towards a click-bait news cycle where this sort of story is given more priority in Brazilian media?

Andrew

Gary Huff
February 27th, 2016, 09:10 PM
I see you have a flexible funding campaign setup, and have a goal of $22,536 to have this documentary made. If you only get, say, $2,536 dollars donated by the end of the campaign, what will that money be used for? Assuming that you cannot actually make the documentary with that.

Rafael Lopes
February 27th, 2016, 09:22 PM
Regarding the "incredible intolerance and hatred", do you know what the mechanism is that is allegedly causing the changes? And are these genuine changes that will survive scrutiny when viewed in perspective, or is it a reflection of the media devolving towards a click-bait news cycle where this sort of story is given more priority in Brazilian media?

Andrew

Andrew, I go through a vast research process throughout the documentary that involves theory (respected sociologists, economical and political advisers, history PHDs, journalists, and a lot of other people who contextualize this change through history) and practical (illustrating actual cases with everyday people). I actually have on chapter that address the power o social and mass media during thriving times. Brazil's current crisis is very real but the way people are dealing with it is what's scary if you compare it to other crisis that were as serious as this one. You should visit the campaign website. I strongly believe this documentary can place the mirror on the right places and deliver a non jaded perspective to encourage real change.

Rafael Lopes
February 27th, 2016, 09:31 PM
I see you have a flexible funding campaign setup, and have a goal of $22,536 to have this documentary made. If you only get, say, $2,536 dollars donated by the end of the campaign, what will that money be used for? Assuming that you cannot actually make the documentary with that.

In case the goal is not met we will use the money to transform the interviews we've made in the research phase into a 10 or 13 episode show for TV or the Web, which even though will surely be very instructive, won't be able to grasp as deeply as with the original structure we have in mind. The original narrative consistis in a gripping story about the struggle to maintain humanity even when in many instances humanity keeps being taken from you.

Tim Paynter
February 28th, 2016, 07:25 PM
A very interesting project, Rafael, I wish you the best of luck. Brazil is a huge country with the resources the U.S. used to have. If they can grow under a stable government they would have the world at their feet.