View Full Version : Panasonic DMW-BLC12 Battery

Mark Owens
April 13th, 2016, 07:33 PM
Can anyone recommend a alternative battery they have used instead of the genuine Panasonic DMW-BLC12 which are really expensive in Australia, B and H in America are a good price but batteries are $80 freight and the alternative Watson brand which get a good review will not ship to Australia and there is no agents for Watson here.
I have one genuine that is getting on and 2 generic when I video to external Ninja 2 only in AVCHD only (not to the camera with screen closed) I am lucky to get one hour is that normal life out of these batteries. any suggestions.

Chris Harding
April 14th, 2016, 05:18 AM
Hi Mark

ProMaster make an excellent replacement for around $60.00 which is cheaper than the Lumix one and for me so far it seems to last longer. No issues so far. I bought mine locally at Leederville Camera House but think they are a part of a National group so there should be a "camerahouse" franchise near you???

The code of the battery is 6364 and they have details at promaster.com ...it's the direct replacement for the BLC12 Funny..I just checked the site and they don't list it?? No idea why? Here is the link to the INCA which is identical http://www.digitalcamerawarehouse.com.au/prod12727.htm

Mark Owens
April 14th, 2016, 03:17 PM
Thanks Chris
I actually nearly purchased this online yesterday morning, I looked at this brand and one from Teds camera as well but could not find much in the way of reviews this Inca brand had few reviews but not much in actual information just the normal basic information (it works.received quick).
Anyway I just purchased 2 online thanks for this, its great to get actual hands on from experience feedback on a particular product.

Chris Harding
April 14th, 2016, 06:24 PM
Hi Mark

Great, glad you found some ..I'm assuming you bought the INCA ones then?? To be honest they look absolutely identical to the ones in my case and the only thing that is different is the name PRO master is replaced with Inca

Let us know if they work OK .. At weddings I tend to change just my B-Camera battery around speeches time as the Lumix is down to 1 bar .... but my A-Cam which does the wedding ceremony and speeches easily lasts the night!

Chris Harding
April 17th, 2016, 02:47 AM
Hmmm I used the Promaster battery in my B-Camera all day yesterday from mid-day thru to 9:30pm and shot most of the time too and it seems to last a bit longer than the Lumix batteries actually. At the end of the evening I still had 2 bars left and more than often the Lumix battery is down to 1 bar so they seem pretty good!!