View Full Version : Best Gymbal / Gyro Stabalizer for Canon 5D and Canon Rebels?

Silas Barker
April 28th, 2016, 02:41 PM
I am looking for a good gimbal or gyro stabilizer for my Canon 5Diii and SL1 cameras - any suggestions, I am pretty new to the whole gimbal stabilizer world.

I would normally use a 24 or 50mm lens on either camera, making the weight capacity needing to be about 3lbs.

I have the Glidecam 4000 but would love to be able to get even smoother motion and also use both hands to hold to relieve wrist stress.

Also hoping to spend under $1000 for this.

Also, Question - Do you have to make adjustments for the weight of the camera and lens or does it adjust automatically?

Thanks!

Craig Seeman
April 29th, 2016, 11:06 AM
Beholder DS-1 seems to handle the 5D (tried it at a trade show) but interesting to me is the new PilotFly H2 which has encoders and can handle about 4.9 lbs which should be enough for a 5D and a decent lens.

Silas Barker
May 5th, 2016, 12:30 PM
Definitely considering the DS1 - I am a little scared about the number of reviews of people sending it back though.

I am hoping to use the Canon 5Diii with 24,50mm lenses and also a Canon SL1 sometimes too.