View Full Version : Odyssey 7Q+/Sony FS/7 & Z150

James R. Wilson Sr.
June 6th, 2016, 05:38 PM
Hi Dan,

What is the correct series of settings for my FS/7 if I want to shoot 240fps on my 7Q+? I'm assuming it would be on an HD Pro-Res Codec correct?

The PXW-Z150 will shoot up to 120fps internally in HD, I'm guessing that the 7Q+ won't take it to 240. What would be the best settings for this model Sony if I want to utilize the 7Q+ for both monitoring and recording?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Dan Keaton
June 7th, 2016, 11:57 AM
Dear James,

The Sony FS7 without the Sony XDCA Expansion unit, cannot output 2K at 240 fps or 4K at 60 fps.

With the XDCA Expansion Unit, the FS7 can be put into Raw Mode, where 2K can be output up to 240 fps and 4K can be output up to 60 fps.

With the XDCA, the output is Raw which requires processing to convert it to video, thus our Raw Bundle, an extra cost option is necessary. With the Raw Bundle, then the XDCA output can be recorded as RAW in CinemaDNG or in Apple ProRes in 4K, Ultra-HD, 2K or HD.

We have complete Setup Guides for the Sony FS7, for with or without the XDCA.

Please call our support group, at 720-221-3861 and they may be able to provide you with the setup guides for your camera.

------------------

Without the XDCA, the Odyssey7Q+ (and not the Odyssey7Q) can accept and record 4K (4096 x 2160) up to 24 fps and Ultra-HD (3840 x 2160) up to 30 fps.)

We do not currently support 120 fps over HD-SDI, unless the camera is outputting Raw, then we support up to 240 fps in both Raw and Apple ProRes. Of course, the camera has to support these frame rates.

I hope this helps.

Respectfully,