View Full Version : Odyssey 7q+ audio meters not showing with SDI input

Scott Stoneback
August 8th, 2016, 11:28 PM
I hooked up the 7q+ today to my C300 mark II and audio was not showing in the on-screen meters of the 7q+. I went through all the menus, tried different output from the C300 MII... nothing. On playback, the audio was there and sounds fine. Meters are working in playback. But, when idle or recording.... no movement on the audio meters.

I don't think this was due to the C300 MarkII, as the Gratical viewfinder's audio meters were moving just fine with the same SDI signal.

Anyone have any thoughts? I upgraded the firmware recently, bout haven't noticed this yet.

Settings:
C300 Mark II: 29.97/1080p, 50mbs, SDI output from both Mark II connectors - monitor out and recorder out.

Dan Keaton
August 9th, 2016, 06:32 AM
Dear Scott,

After installing or latest firmware, 2016.06.1431, it is necessary to perform a Reset.

Please Press the Gear Button, in the upper left hand corner of the Odyssey.

Press Odyssey

Press Reset

Press All (Factory Defaults)

Press OK.

Notes: The above will reset your menu settings and you will need to setup the various options in your Odyssey or Apollo.

But, this will not reset an Authorization Codes for any options that you have in your unit.

Nor will this delete any custom 3D LUT's that you have installed.

I expect this to resolve the Audio Meter issue.

If not, please feel free to call me at:

Seven one nine --- nine three zero ---- one three seven six.

Respectfully,

Scott Stoneback
December 12th, 2018, 02:39 PM
Oddly, after performing this fix a while back... The problem has cropped up again. Sound is there on playback, but meters and audio output not active during idle or while recording.