View Full Version : green leds for chroma?

Andrew Dean
August 22nd, 2016, 06:37 PM
I have a small lighting truck with multiple green screens. I usually use fluoros to light, which work perfectly, but recently had a music video that needed a a really wide area lit. The fluoros on the side weren't reaching the middle well enough, so out of curiosity, I pulled out a pair of old cool light led panels. I've stopped using them as I have newer fixtures with higher CRI and less green, but i figured since I was lighting a green screen anyways I might try pulling the -green off and give them a shot. They filled in perfectly and smoothly... which got me thinking.

Has anybody ever tried using fully green leds to light a chroma screen? I know there is the reflecmedia stuff that uses a ring light, but i was just thinking of buying some crappy chinese 1x panels and replacing half the bulbs with green. I'll probably do it as a silly experiment, but was curious if anybody has seen anyone give it a play before.

Edward Carlson
August 23rd, 2016, 11:06 AM
Cineo lighting actually has green phosphor panels for their fixtures specifically for this. Kino has green tubes for the 4' and 2' banks.