View Full Version : Costa Rica

Chuck Spaulding
August 23rd, 2016, 08:26 AM
I recently shot quite a bit of aerial in Costa Rica. I wanted to use my Phantom 3Pro because it all fits in this great little backpack but after upgrading the firmware it wont stream video. So then I thought I'd take the Inspire, bigger case but still manageable. Not that I needed it, but I couldn't get the video to stream on the camera operators tablet. So I donated both of them to a local high school, purchased an inexpensive Autel X-Star and took that. Not all this video is aerial, all that is was shot with the X-Star.

I don't care what color my drone is but DJI has made it too difficult to use their products in remote locations without having to jump through too many stupid hoops, upgrading firmware every other week, GEO Fencing having to log it to get permission to arm, and whatever stupid policy they're going to foist on their customers next.

It was about 90 degrees and 120% (if that's possible) humidity and although the X-Star doesn't fly as well as the Phantom4 it just worked. I only flew eight batteries and I even crashed once and it just kept on working. Sorry for the rant...

COSTA RICA 2016 - YouTube

Greg Boston
August 26th, 2016, 03:46 PM
I added the XStar Premium to my personal fleet in late June. The Sony Exmor sensor, coupled with some really good glass yields some very nice imagery.

I like the orange color availability also.

Chuck Spaulding
September 9th, 2016, 03:23 PM
It does make it easier to see..