View Full Version : Interesting program on BBC2 just now 9:00pm all about drones.

Donald McPherson
August 24th, 2016, 01:50 PM
Interesting program on BBC2 just now 9:00pm all about drones.
edit: Well the few minutes that were on when I typed this.

Andy Wilkinson
August 24th, 2016, 02:06 PM
Yeah...classic case of the idiotic attitude that some peole have that gets responsible drone filmakers such a bad name.

For those in the UK and can catch up with it on BBC iPlayer, the series is called 'Skies Above Britain'.

At about 32 minutes in we see that he has had some training now....and has passed his qualification...

Donald McPherson
August 24th, 2016, 02:38 PM
I liked the bit when he said "He wanted to fly the drone inside the National History Museum."

Dave Baker
August 24th, 2016, 11:27 PM
I saw it too, it shows just how naïve some people can be. What worries me is not him, who saw the error of his ways, but all the others who haven't.

The bit that interested me was the instructor telling him that there is only one qualified drone pilot in the country who is allowed to fly in some usually restricted airspace and that is because he is an ex-army drone pilot.

Dave

Ronald Jackson
August 24th, 2016, 11:49 PM
Wex Photographic have an inordinate number, well several anyway, of second hand drones on their website in the UK. "Used once" seems to be a common denominator.

Ron

Donald McPherson
August 25th, 2016, 02:22 AM
I expect to see more and more second hand ones up for sale.