View Full Version : What monitor are you guys using to mount on the ronin?

Andrew Losurdo
September 3rd, 2016, 01:11 AM
I was looking at the Feelworld FW760 or a cheaper one below

Feelworld FW56D 5.6" On-Camera Monitor with LP-E6 Battery Plate

5.6" TFT Display with LED Backlight
Compact and Lightweight
1280*800 Resolution
HDMI Input & Output
Composite BNC Video & RCA Audio Input
Peaking Focus Assist
Auto Aspect Ratio Detect
Zoom
Built-In Speaker & Headphone Jack
Sunhood and Other Accessories Included

If anyone has any suggestions I am all ears. I figured it needs to be around a 5 inch or a 7inch,also need LIGHT WEIGHT. Also any suggestions on the best way to mount it etc

thanks!

Kevin O'Connor
September 12th, 2016, 01:49 PM
I just started to outfit a Ronin M rig and I used my Marshall LCD50 (5") monitor. I have a Marshall 7" but I wanted to keep the weight down with my C100 and a 24-70L lens. But I have always powered the 5" Marshall from an external source on my other rigs like Switronics battery. This time I had to use the (4) AA battery compartment.

This was useless because that little monitor sucked the batteries dry in one hour. They actually heated up so much the image would flicker and fade to black. Latter I discovered the over heating of the batteries cause the voltage to drop but there was still life in the battires after they cooled down. So I'm getting a battery adaptor for the 5" monitor to run it off one of my Sony L batteries. I keep the monitor on the C100 closed to save space on the Ronin set up.

But I also learned you need a very thin, possible the cheapest HDMI cable you can find. I only had a shorty Monster cable HDMI I pulled from the back of family DVD player to get the little Marshall working. It was too stiff and pushed on the camera, the motors were always fighting it. I have a ultra thin cable on order.

Good Luck, KPO.