View Full Version : data burn on DVD appears as audio

Enrique Orozco Robles
September 24th, 2016, 07:20 AM
Not precisely video topic but can't find anything related on the web.... I've burn some data (images) in a DVD-R and in most of my client's PCs the disc seems to have an audio track instead of the data .... any reason possible ?? .... the "audio" track can not be opened off course ...... I use Nero to burn the data (as DVD ISO disc) .... any help would be greatly appreciated ....

Regards

Vince Pachiano
September 24th, 2016, 07:41 AM
You don't mention what version of Nero you use, but on my version, the front menu (Nero Express),
Data -> Data DVD will burn a DVD that can be loaded into any PC DVD drive so the User sees the exact files you saved/burned.

It seems to be if you are creating an ISO file this indicates that you would have had to author a Slideshow from your JPG files

Enrique Orozco Robles
September 24th, 2016, 10:37 AM
Thank you ... sorry ....I burn a data DVD in iso mode (you have, iso, udf, iso/udf as options in data disc...) ... just drop the images (jpgs) and burn .... in some PCs the data (jpgs) appears as normal, but in others as "audio" tracks (?????) ....

Regards

Paul Silva
September 25th, 2016, 10:16 PM
Missing codecs on the users end ?

Jeff Pulera
September 26th, 2016, 07:38 AM
An .iso file is a "snapshot" of the content of a disc, which includes track layout and formatting. You can create an .iso for instance by authoring a disc in Adobe Encore, then export as Disc Image. Or take an existing disc and read it to create an .iso file, and that .iso (disc image) can later be used to create more discs.

I'd say you need to burn a new disc, this time using the DATA option. The .iso mode should only be used when you have an .iso file to burn to the disc.

Thanks

Paul Silva
September 27th, 2016, 09:30 AM
The original message states people are able to PLAY audio but there is no video.

Video CODECS missing on the users end.

Jeff Pulera
September 27th, 2016, 10:43 AM
OP burned IMAGES to the DVD-R, meaning like jpegs or other stills. Supposed to be a DATA disc. There is no audio, no video content. Says he used ISO mode in burning software, which is incorrect so the disc is messed up. Content LOOKS like audio to those trying to view it, but there is no audio and no audio plays of course. Since there are no audio files.

Bottom line, burn a new disc using DATA mode

Thanks

Jeff