View Full Version : Coffee Roaster | short doc. FS5

Emre Kabasabanoglu
September 28th, 2016, 11:01 PM
Shot with FS5 and various Sigma Art and Samyang lenses. Used PP8 picture style with slog3 cinegamma, graded with FilmConvert Pro.

A short version of our documentary film about coffee and roastery. Fahri Ozdemir is a coffee roaster, a man who found his passion among coffee beans.

Shot & Edited by: Emre Kabaşabanoğlu
Music: Jingle Punks - Stale Mate

Coffee Roaster | Fahri Ozdemir - Teaser - YouTube

Doug Jensen
October 1st, 2016, 06:29 AM
Emre, I really like the handheld shooting style and grading. Nice work.

Andrew Smith
October 1st, 2016, 05:11 PM
I'm not sure that I like the audio mix. My preference is to make the 'actuality' audio more prominent and have the music bed subservient to those sounds of the beans being scooped etc.

Andrew

Doug Jensen
October 1st, 2016, 08:05 PM
Very interesting, I felt just the opposite. I would lower the nat sound a little bit. Different styles for different folks.

Dan Gunn
October 3rd, 2016, 05:41 AM
Doug, it is amazing to me how someone can tell a story with simple short clips. Do you use a storyboard or just wing it?

Dan Gunn
October 3rd, 2016, 05:47 AM
Shot with FS5 and various Sigma Art and Samyang lenses. Used PP8 picture style with slog3 cinegamma, graded with FilmConvert Pro.

A short version of our documentary film about coffee and roastery. Fahri Ozdemir is a coffee roaster, a man who found his passion among coffee beans.

Shot & Edited by: Emre Kabaşabanoğlu
Music: Jingle Punks - Stale Mate

Coffee Roaster | Fahri Ozdemir - Teaser - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdvkdZROWFQ)

Very nice!

Doug Jensen
October 3rd, 2016, 07:56 AM
Doug, it is amazing to me how someone can tell a story with simple short clips. Do you use a storyboard or just wing it?

It's not my video, you should be asking Emre how he does it.