View Full Version : Re-Creating the Look with Lights

Ken Beals
December 7th, 2016, 12:12 AM
Have an upcoming shoot to demonstrate a botanical product. The client wants to get a similar look to the Unbox Therapy videos on Youtube.

Hopefully the screenshot I took is attached to this post.

The lights I have to work with:

1) Two CAME 1024 LED panel lights
2) Softbox with 5 curly flourescent daylight bulbs
3) Mole-Richardson Tweenie (250watt I believe) no barn doors.

Have a roll of gray cyc paper for backdrop.

Initially thought for set up :

1) Key Lights / 2 CAME lights diffused with sheet of R116
2) Softbox directly above table
3) Tweenie above talent pointing back on Cyc / CTO Blue Gel and R116 Diffusion/ flag spill over talent with inline dimmer to control intensity.

Your thoughts ?

Bill Ward
December 7th, 2016, 08:50 AM
You can also recreate the circular half grad look in post, and not worry about it during the shoot.

Ken Beals
December 7th, 2016, 09:42 PM
was,wondering about that...have applied vignettes that by default go full oval around footage . didnt know if you could do half.....
so maybeinstead of backlight evenly light cyc instead

Mark Bolding
December 8th, 2016, 09:12 AM
Looks like the tweenie on a pigeon plate on the floor directly behind the talent aimed at your seamless will get you there quickly. Just add dimmer. Key and fill with your Led's and backlight with your softbox with as many bulbs as needed, probably not more than a couple depending on talents hair.

Warren Kawamoto
December 8th, 2016, 09:57 PM
I'm looking at your sample image, specifically at the reflections on the top of the orange item on the table. From that, it looks like there are just 2 umbrellas or softboxes above the table, side by side, to create a soft, nearly shadowless light. The scene doesn't appear to have any other lights for the backdrop, which is close behind the talent. I'm guessing that if the umbrellas/softboxes are just above the talent's head, it will cause the backdrop falloff.