View Full Version : UWOL 41 - The results

Trond Saetre
February 7th, 2017, 05:00 AM
First of all: Thank you very much to everyone who submitted films. You all did very well!
To those who ended up swimming with the sharks: Better luck next time, hope to see you all in the extended March-April challenge.

The results of the UWOL 41 challenge:

Winning film:
Mark Hartopp - Fractal Chaos

Runner up:
Paul Mailath - Illusions

2nd runner up:
LeRoy Gunderson - Nature's Echos

Congratulations!

------------
Info about the extended UWOL 42:

Signup: Will be available from February15
Theme release: MARCH 1
Deadline: APRIL 30
Around halfway through the challenge, players will be allowed (but not required) to upload a temporary "work in progress" film and receive feedback for a week. (exact dates and details to be posted in the sign up thread).
Then after the temporary upload/feedback time frame, the the temporary films will be deleted from vimeo, and the normal procedures remain for the last part of the challenge.

Hopefully this extension will allow more players to make and submit a film.

Paul Wood
February 7th, 2017, 05:45 AM
Very well done, Mark!

Also to Paul and LeRoy for great entries!

Looking forward to the next round, see you all then.

Gordon Hoffman
February 7th, 2017, 07:06 AM
Congratulations Mark, Paul and LeRoy. Well done and thanks to Trond and Chris as usual and all who managed to get a video made. This is a good start for the year.

Gordon

Mike Sims
February 7th, 2017, 07:21 AM
Congratulations Mark, Paul and LeRoy. Belated congratulations to Gordon and Paul.

Mick Jenner
February 7th, 2017, 09:47 AM
Congratulations Mark, Paul and LeRoy worthy winners.

Thanks to Trond for organizing

Mick

Mark Hartopp
February 7th, 2017, 01:38 PM
Wow! Thank you everyone not sure what to say. May first win. congratulations to Paul and LeRoy. But I think everyone who completed the comp is a winner. It was a tuff theme for many reasons.

Looking forward to the next one. Should be interesting with a 2 month production schedule. Big thanks to Trond. Great comp, great fun and company on the forum.

Andrew Hood
February 7th, 2017, 08:21 PM
Well done Mark, Paul and LeRoy. It's great that we had several submissions this round, let's hope we can keep that momentum going, or even build on it. Ultimately you compete with yourself, but I think some 'healthy competition' can be a good motivator to improve. Along with more ideas being shared through both the videos and feedback.

Thanks Trond for all the organising, and Chris for giving us our home of 10 years.

Round 42... I wonder if it will be themed "A hitchhiker's guide to ________" (pick your own topic to cover), or maybe "The Meaning of Life" ;-) Should be fun whatever the theme. I just need to make sure I start early.

Trond Saetre
February 8th, 2017, 04:28 AM
Round 42... I wonder if it will be themed "A hitchhiker's guide to ________" (pick your own topic to cover), or maybe "The Meaning of Life" ;-)
That could be cool themes sometime ;)

LeRoy Gunderson
February 8th, 2017, 12:27 PM
Wow! I finally placed. Congratulations Mark and Paul, well done. Eagerly awaiting the next one. Thanks to everyone who voted.

Paul Mailath
February 9th, 2017, 12:10 AM
The big win for me is completing a project, however rushed and it's true we compete with ourselves - I'm committed to doing better next time.

Rob Cantwell
February 9th, 2017, 06:56 AM
hey all well done! that was indeed a tough challenge, I'm not sure if i'd have come up with anything!
I'll be looking out for the next one.
Congrats again to everyone

:-)

Jim Cowan
February 9th, 2017, 07:03 PM
Hi,
Thanks everyone for the inputs and comments.
I know on a video like mine it's hard to watch through to the end.
I'm looking forward to the next contest and creating a video that you don't be in pain watching.

thanks
jim cowan

Geir Inge
February 13th, 2017, 06:59 AM
Congrats Mark Hartopp, Paul Mailath and LeRoy Gunderson.
Also to the rest of the players - Well done!
Cheers!