View Full Version : Sony vs. Magix Vegas 13

David Jasany
April 2nd, 2017, 08:01 AM
I'm still running Sony Vegas 13 Build 453 and have decided this will be my last Vegas. I'm not doing much editing anymore so I've decided just to stay with this platform. I see that I can still download Vegas 13 from Magix and I was wondering if there was any reason to download and install Magix Vegas 13 while it's still available. Thanks.

Adam Stanislav
April 2nd, 2017, 03:39 PM
I've decided just to stay with this platform.

It’s still the same platform. Vegas Pro 14 may have been issued by a different company, but it is a continuation of the same product coded by the same programming team.

The one main difference is, Magix forces you to only run it on two computers at most. If you want to use a third one, you have to disable it on one of the prior two (which you can do online, so you can do it even if one of the computers has died).

And yes, I know that’s what you asked.

Marco Ba
April 2nd, 2017, 05:31 PM
The difference between Sony Vegas Pro 13 and Magix Vegas Pro 13 is the software branding (appearing at many places inside the software with many dependencies to various plug-ins and scripts).

If you decided to stay with version 13 there should be no need to install the Magix version instead of the Sony version. Installing the Magix version would even need to modify scripts (if used).

David Jasany
April 3rd, 2017, 06:27 AM
Marco, Adam, thanks for your feedback. I'll stick with Sony Vegas 13 rather than Magix Vegas 13 especially because of the scripting issue. I wouldn't want to have to upgrade scripts again.

George Dean
April 3rd, 2017, 10:18 AM
I agree with Marco and Adam, stay with Sony Vegas Pro 13. There is no advantage and only disadvantage to the Magix branded Vegas pro 13. Magix shot themselves in the foot with that branding conversion, as well as, the their introduction version 14 in my opinion, at least so far for their follow-up builds.